Cervelo Soloist - Carbon vs Alu?

wonduhboy

honestly' date=' without trying to stir, would cervelo's be as popular if thy were never ridden  by a big pro tour team ?

[/quote']

I've known Cervelo bikes since 2000. Trizone store used to stock them. Its was still the Cervelo One. At that time the One was R16,000. Didn't have the money then.

honestly' date=' without trying to stir, would cervelo's be as popular if thy were never ridden  by a big pro tour team ?

[/quote']

ROCK!!!.....WE'VE GOT YOU! PUT THE WOODEN SPOON DOWN AND PLACE YOUR HANDS ABOVE YOUR HEAD!

[/quote']

I think that is the whole point of sponsorship. That is why Giant insisted that their name is on the bike and not like when Pinarello sponsored T-mobile and all you saw was T-mobile all over the bike.

I ride an alu Soloist with D/Ace and FSA components. I'm on my 2nd frame as the first one cracked on the seat post below the clamp. My 2nd frame is also starting to crack there Embarrassed.

Despite that I am very happy with the bike. However I must agree' date=' if you can afford the carbon then get (purely for the bling effect) it but remember the alu bike is as fast both up and down a hill!
[/quote']

Got a very good friend down in the Cape that Broke is Alu at the same place........SAD.....

Got the Carbon and he is happy!!!

I Have the alu, amazing bike, but a very hard ride. Frame may be a bit heavy, but total weight is 7.4kg. But my form was so bad this year it does not realy justify the bike, but next year...

If the Powerbar team who are sponsored by Cervelo and can't get replacements when they crack their frames what chance does a normal customer have??? 

Cervelo obviously like having "their" riders riding Giant?????

Get either - bound to get recalled in 6 - 8 months time, that way you are always on a new frame .... Wink 

ivans - the geomatry of thr r3 is exactly the same a that of the soloist.

the r3 is an amazingly soft ride and of course very light. it does however feel asif the solois is more aero - especially in a headwind or going downhill.