CSC Wannabees

Groot Lem

Saw all the rich wannabees, including mr McLean riding with the real team this weekend. About 60 of them Saturday and Sunday in the nice Soth Easter between Strand and Stellenbosch.

How much did people pay again... to ride 50 metres behind some German speaking cyclist?

Normally our people train at 5 in the morning, how is it to ride over lunch time in the middle of the summer?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Groot_Lem: we also saw them healmetless skipping robots in Stellenbosch yesterday on our way from Jonkershoek...wanted to drive up next to Jens and say 'autograph please!' followed by 'you know in SA law requires you to wear a helmet' LOL

Yeah, saw them (bout 3 different groups) on the way to  Somerset West on Saturday late morning, followed by 5 Rabobank riders, then the T-Mobile squad near the Steynsrus turnoff, and then 4-5 guys (helmetless) in bright blue kit...anybody know who this might be?

Yeah' date=' saw them (bout 3 different groups) on the way to  Somerset West on Saturday late morning, followed by 5 Rabobank riders, then the T-Mobile squad near the Steynsrus turnoff, and then 4-5 guys (helmetless) in bright blue kit...anybody know who this might be?[/quote']

Gerolstiener riders... Seen them a lot on Chappies / round Camps Bay (a lot -> 4 times)

I'd like them all to come to the sea side!

I saw the CSC bunch on the R44 yesterday heading towards Stellenbosch - Bjarne even waved...

And 5 minutes later, 3 Rabobanks and a Moblie came past us.

Groot_Lem: we also saw them healmetless skipping robots in Stellenbosch yesterday on our way from Jonkershoek...wanted to drive up next to Jens and say 'autograph please!' followed by 'you know in SA law requires you to wear a helmet' LOL

Hrmm.

So what DO you say to those ouks who choose to go helmetless or ignore the laws of traffic - in BROAD daylight AND in full view of motorists - without getting the finger? Angry  Or do we just let them be?

Lots of cars have kids in them who would much rather do what these guys do than stop at robots?

was a nice pick in pro cycling about a year ago of jan riding somewhere in CT without his helmet.

one of our ZA guys wrote a letter to the editor complaining about this non-helmet riding when the guys come to SA & got letter of the month - think he won a fizik saddle or something.

Guest colonel

Someone I know said it was to expensive(R15 000) to ride with them so he went and bought a Cervelo instead and has gone today. I personally think it is waste of serious money. What is it going to do for you? Its not going to make you a better rider but I guess when they in their funride bunch they can say: "Ya I was one of the fools who paid R15 000" to ride with CSC. CSC cant be that hard up for cash..........

Someone I know said it was to expensive(R15 000) to ride with them so he went and bought a Cervelo instead and has gone today. I personally think it is waste of serious money. What is it going to do for you? Its not going to make you a better rider but I guess when they in their funride bunch they can say: "Ya I was one of the fools who paid R15 000" to ride with CSC. CSC cant be that hard up for cash..........

I don't think its CSC who's after the cash. Its rather the hotels, guest houses where you must stay. They saw an oppertunity to make money. And ya, if you want to pay R15k to ride your bike with pro's, even thought you won't be able to stay with them... And most of them probarly can't even speak English... If in the position, I'd go down, stay in a R175 per day guest house, go and ride the same route they do. Its a free country, so you can ride where you want to... And usually the ^)(*( who has that amount of money to pay, can usually not really ride a bike.  I'd like to know who did that?

http://www.cyclinginfo.net/upload_folder/Kelly.jpg 

This guy rode with us for free yesterday and hung around to chat to everyone.

ok ok not entirely for free...he won the Vets section and got a nice hamper of goodies!! Tongue

Guest colonel

Cervelo: I am not saying who it was but really I am a fan of the CSC team but to spend that money to ride with them is bull Im sorry and Im not bitter that I never went either. Apparently you have to ride behind them and not mingle while you ride.

Please do me a favour.

colonel, thats what I meant. Its ridicilous. Oh, they said ride with team CSC, nothing of having a chat bla bla bla...Thumbs%20Down I wonder if the people who did that will do it again...

Guest colonel

I doubt they will but you do get the "wannabees" that will bring it up at every single chance they get thou. Losers

a Fizik Aliante Titan to be precise....!!!!

so it was you?

Guilty as charged!! But my letter must be seen purely as a "satire" HaHa. It was worth the 2 min to compile a cynical email. The prize was bloody great though.....