This morning on 702

Thug

wannabe, here's an idea - why don't we all just get guns and shoot everyone that upsets us - teach them not to do it again?

but yeah - whatever blows your hair back.

my conscience is clear that i'm not contributing to anyone being deliberately hurt.
slowpoke2008-10-21 07:26:29

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

SP' date=' please do not flame me for this, but I agree with what Spidy said to a certain extend. When last did you try and report a CRIME, nevermind a case of "road rage" (it is what this can be deemed). If that Cop sitting behind the desk (the one you had to stand in a line for an hour at least, just to get to the front) even bothers to take your "report" (just to humour you/get rid of you), I can guarantee you that it will be in the bin even before you walk out the door. This is especialy true if you are reporting one of the "comrades".

In any case, there is no system in place as yet where reports of this kind is placed on a central database for future reference and or action to be taken against repeat offenders.

[/quote']

wannabe, here's an idea - why don't we all just get guns and shoot everyone that upsets us - teach them not to do it again?

thats the best idea all day, can i start with shark supporters?

wannabe' date=' here's an idea - why don't we all just get guns and shoot everyone that upsets us - teach them not to do it again?

[/quote']

Why would you want to go to all that trouble just to shoot 2 people.

SP' date=' please do not flame me for this, but I agree with what Spidy said to a certain extend. When last did you try and report a CRIME, nevermind a case of "road rage" (it is what this can be deemed). If that Cop sitting behind the desk (the one you had to stand in a line for an hour at least, just to get to the front) even bothers to take your "report" (just to humour you/get rid of you), I can guarantee you that it will be in the bin even before you walk out the door. This is especialy true if you are reporting one of the "comrades".

In any case, there is no system in place as yet where reports of this kind is placed on a central database for future reference and or action to be taken against repeat offenders.

[/quote']

Don't bother Wannabe.

In the 50 posts I have posted on this thread she still can't read that part......OuchTongue

Slowpoke...

GUNS?  Do you know how a gun looks like?  Have you ever carry it with you on a bike ride?  Doesn't work.  And taxi drivers tend to have bigger ones.  Tongue

Lots of ways and means to kill poesie cats.........But I am not letting the cat out of the bag (to get killed.  Big%20smile)

Violence?

Nee wat Slowpoke.  There are FAR more creative ways to "report" someone!! 

wannabe' date=' here's an idea - why don't we all just get guns and shoot everyone that upsets us - teach them not to do it again?

[/quote']

Why would you want to go to all that trouble just to shoot 2 people.

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Hijack on..

Jeez, why this specific word being used to describe people in cars? I have a car, a bicycle and have had many motorcycles.. Most of my mates have motorcycles. None of us use the word 'cagers' to describe drivers in cars..

Its derogatory and condescending... I can see why a Route 66 hippie, smoking dope and living free might use it, but for everyday people?

Hijack of..

I think they need to write a book for SP... "Dummies Guide to the REAL WORLD!" Or more like "Dummies Guide to Life in Africa!"

smiley36.gif

I think they need to write a book for SP... "Dummies Guide to the REAL WORLD!" Or more like "Dummies Guide to Life in Africa!"
smiley36.gif
In her defence she is 100% correct in saying that "Violence begets violence"!

You act like them ......you are one of them?

Check out Arrive Alive's website.

"The information collected by the Centre is, amongst others, utilised for:

advising the registered owner of the vehicle by letter of the nature and location of the alleged offence together with a road safety message;

identification of regular offenders ..."

I was nearly taken out by a car recently (although I was walking, not cycling) and reported the driver to the call centre.  They got back to me very quickly and were very helpful.

I couldn't find it on the website, but according to the Beeld report - after three warning letters, the driver can be charged criminally.  Don't know whether it will happen in practice but let's give it a shot - it is better than nothing.

fair enough - but in the circumstances, taking both accounts into, erm, account - i think the action was warranted (at the time when ppl were fearing for their lives)

YOu, as a person looking after their own lives, look for the fastest way out of the situation. SP - with the time on your fiets, getting under the truck, that was self preservation, clear and simple. Do the best you can do to get out of the situation. You probably weren't in a position to remove keys from said Audi, were you? Whereas these okes were. you were probably going at speed, whereas the guys here were moving slowly, if not standing still at the time. And he probably saw removing the keys as the one action that would guarantee his safety, as well as the safety of his companions. As you did with your decision to get under the truck.

How can people pass judgement on a case where they have no idea of the extenuating circumstances? The desire for self preservation is a strong thing. You do things that are best for THAT PARTICULAR MOMENT.

In passing judgement, you're only adding fuel to the fire. What matters here is that there are 2 opposing stories, both of which are getting national coverage (just in different media types) - and that is not helping our plight.

Forgive my tirade, but people need to catch a wake-up. Drivers need to realise that their vehicles are exponentially heavier than us and our equipment, and must act accordingly. Saying that, we should as well.

In the cases where this doesn't happen, don't pass judgement on someone who was trying to save his/her life by doing one or another thing. Which didn't harm ANYONE, might I add.

Ask yourself the question: would you not do absolutely anything in your power to continue living? I know i would kill to save MY life, that's how important it is to me...

cptmayhem, I agree with most of what you say. I would also kill to save my or my family's life. The problem I have is the removing of the keys. If you get taken out by a drunk, you will have a problem with all drunks, same if it was a taxi etc. I HAVE had my keys removed by a guy who wanted to sell me something that I wanted nothing to do with. As I pulled away, his way of stopping me was to remove my keys. I seriously felt that my life and vehicle were in danger and my vehicle was my only safe passage out of the area. I know this has nothing to do with this thread, but I now have a problem with people removing keys.

YOu, as a person looking after their own lives, look for the fastest way out of the situation.  I promise you, the fastest way out of this situation was to stop and wait or pull into a garage or turn around. If they REALLY feared for their lives, I doubt they would get closer to the danger. The odd times that I have feared for my life, trust me, I put big ground between us. 

My question is, would they have done the same if it was a big bloke behind the wheel? Chances are not, they would've stopped and let him go. They did it because they knew they could...

Hijack on..

Jeez' date=' why this specific word being used to describe people in cars? I have a car, a bicycle and have had many motorcycles.. Most of my mates have motorcycles. None of us use the word 'cagers' to describe drivers in cars..

Its derogatory and condescending... I can see why a Route 66 hippie, smoking dope and living free might use it, but for everyday people?

Hijack of..
[/quote']

the term "cage" is because that's what it feels like driving in a car - it is a metal cage around you and you are trapped inside but at teh same time it is a protective cage around you. nothing derogatory about it.

ONEWAY - the only dummies around here are those that think they are "teaching the driver a lesson" that will benefit them - because the only lesson the driver will learn is to make sure that they DO hurt the next cyclist so that s/he can't get to their keys next time. simple logic - which some of you appear to be severely lacking. anyone care to sponsor ONEWAY a onetime visit to a course in logical reasoning?

slowpoke2008-10-22 01:37:05

sheesh, can we have the previous record for posts edited afterwards, I think it must be broken by now....never seen so many posts with ...edited by ....- date and time at the bottomBig%20smile