Song of the day, add your current favourite....

SwissVan

I saw them at the Dome! :thumbup:

ours was at kings park. Seen some pretty memorable gigs and that one definitely rates in my top 5. Glad I got to see them before this happened

Got the green tour video on vhs somewhere. think i need to haul it out an watch it again........wonder if that video player still works :huh:

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ours was at kings park. Seen some pretty memorable gigs and that one definitely rates in my top 5. Glad I got to see them before this happened

Got the green tour video on vhs somewhere. think i need to haul it out an watch it again........wonder if that video player still works :huh:

The sound was pretty crappy at the Dome, but I'm glad I saw them.

I found the box to my DVD of Tourfilm this morning…but the disc wasn't inside… :angry:

Great band, mould-busting, timeless genius. Kids should not be allowed to grow up without listening to this stuff

Not sure I want my sons singing the lyrics to Add It Up, though… :o :lol:

More REM. This time Fall on Me, with Johnny Marr:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJRom0ArN64

TW - if you had put 'Drive' and 'The one I love' from REM on you would have made my day. The only real good songs from them. A few others are not too bad, but generally they're average(imo).

Johnny Marr - that is a guitar legend. i'VE read about his life in Guitarworld / some other magazine. Awesome player.

TW - if you had put 'Drive' and 'The one I love' from REM on you would have made my day. The only real good songs from them. A few others are not too bad, but generally they're average(imo).

Johnny Marr - that is a guitar legend. i'VE read about his life in Guitarworld / some other magazine. Awesome player.

Here ya go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7oQEPfe-O8

Not sure I want my sons singing the lyrics to Add It Up, though… :o :lol:

Every teenage boy on the planet is already thinking those lyrics in one form or another haha

Every teenage boy on the planet is already thinking those lyrics in one form or another haha

Usually on their knees begging! :lol: :lol:

At the moment Soundgarden - Burden in my hand. I know its from back in the day but after whatching Pearl Jam 20 documentary the other night, it just reinforced what quality rock music was produced around the 90's.

At the moment Soundgarden - Burden in my hand. I know its from back in the day but after whatching Pearl Jam 20 documentary the other night, it just reinforced what quality rock music was produced around the 90's.

Hijack On

How was that documentry? Will be hopefully getting it this weekend. Been a fan of Pearl Jam since back int he day, my sister was living overseas at the time and she sent me a cassette tape a week after the release of Ten in the US, needless to say I was blown away and a beautiful love affair started :)

Hijack off

Hijack On

How was that documentry? Will be hopefully getting it this weekend. Been a fan of Pearl Jam since back int he day, my sister was living overseas at the time and she sent me a cassette tape a week after the release of Ten in the US, needless to say I was blown away and a beautiful love affair started :)

Hijack off

Great documentary, a must see if you are a Pearl Jam / or music fan. Some really awesome footage. But it’s also a look at the how all the 'alternative' bands influenced each other during that time. I've seen them live a handfull of times but this movie had me going and ticked all the boxes.

have to disagree - not about johhny marr, but about rem being average. I am not a big fan by any means, and havent really paid much attention to them since that god awful monster, but any band that has a 5 star rating album in their discography is anything but average. I listened to murmer the other day, after not having listened to it in about 15 yrs, and it is one of the most complete albums you will find.

p.s tumbleweed - Fall on me is the first song of theirs i heard and my no. 2!