Song of the day, add your current favourite....

SwissVan

The clash always reminds me of going to Plett for the news years eve thing back in 1992 I think spent a whole week in that campsite drinking and smoking weed from 7 in the morning till falling over at late o clock ..the clash was the soundtrack. Sadly quite a few of us didn't make it to 40. I have a picture from then and of the 8 of us only 4 are still alive.....

In our youth we tend not to think of the future. I lost a friend that partied a bit too hard as well :-(

At least we have some good memories and I still think of him with a smile and a chuckle.

Some good choices here ppl! :thumbup: Soundtrack of my youth - the darker gloomy days.

Edited by Uni

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

...and these guys, "Radio Rats" straight out of Springs, they were big in the late 70's, I can remember going to clubs in Hillbrow and when ZX DAN came on the roof would raise, catchy tune as well.

Edited by GrumpyOldGuy

I have the LP.

ZX Dan pretty much the one great track on there.

Yeah, it was their biggest hit I think. Although a lot of their work never got as far as been broadcast as it was banned, they were a little "revolutionary" :lol: ZX-DAN is great though.

What about these guys "The Helicopters" also had a few good hits, also straight out of the Vaal triangle. I actually knew their Manager Greg Cragg fairly well and through him got to know a few of the guys, Bernie Binns was the inspiration in the band, thats him in the vocal role, but the other was John Mason and Franco - they were very well known locally at the time, but Greg had other big business interests and this was a part time thing for him, and they just slowly fell away. Although last I heard Bernard was still around living in Alberton I believe, dont know about the rest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_p8FbOcZgg

Edited by GrumpyOldGuy

Stef la Chef swiss rapper or something with her "Ha ke anhig" hit

Ha ke anhig in swiss means something along the lines of "I have no idea" ...or something like that

Quite catchy and I see the video looks like it was filmed in SA

Stef la Chef swiss rapper or something with her "Ha ke anhig" hit

Ha ke anhig in swiss means something along the lines of "I have no idea" ...or something like that

Quite catchy and I see the video looks like it was filmed in SA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5YhjiupY08

Quite nice, never heard of her. It does look like SA doesn't it, although I guess it could be anywhere in Africa, Uganda, Ghana maybe.

Although that been said I have a mate in the Yacht business and he says they often shoot promotional Yacht videos here, they apparently just did one here off Durban and Cape Town for a California based manufacturer.

Seems crazy they would schlep all the way out here when there is great scenery around California, but, there you are.

Edited by GrumpyOldGuy

Grumps , Helicopters were up there with the best of the Glam punk bands.Not sure ,but last I heard Franco had an Italian restaurant in Vanderbijlpark.

Another band that I hardly remembered were The Flames. Guys from Durban who is best remembered for a song called " For Your Precious Love."

Interesting thing is that Blondie Chaplin and Ricky Fataar joined the Beach Boys in 1970.

Chaplin later played with Keith Richards of the Stones and is still a friend of his.