Song of the day, add your current favourite....

SwissVan

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

loving this band - great discovery for the end of the year listening pleasure

dude has some life history to draw upon 

After high school, Showalter moved from Indiana to Pennsylvania briefly, then returned to Indiana to marry his high-school sweetheart.[1] While Showalter was on tour, his wife had an affair. Escaping his detrimental relationship, he moved back to Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania in 2003. A couple months later, he came home to find his house burned down.[1] Showalter spent his nights in hotels and on park benches with a borrowed guitar while working at an orthodox Jewish day school. Despite the turmoil, he was able to find inspiration to continue writing music that would later be released.[1] In 2010, Showalter married his wife, Sue, and moved to Philadelphia.

On Christmas Day in 2013, Showalter and Sue were driving back to Philadelphia from Indiana when they hit a patch of ice and crashed into two semi trucks. Showalter suffered a concussion and broke every rib on his right side. The near-death experience gave Showalter a boldness during mixing sessions while creating HEAL with John Congleton, just days after the crash

this is fekkin good - worth a listen

I really enjoyed this one. Gonna go have a listen to more of their stuff! Shot dude!

I really enjoyed this one. Gonna go have a listen to more of their stuff! Shot dude!

I would love to hear it with the bass turned down a bit and the keyboards using less distortion, in actual fact using a Wurlitzer keyboard and the drummer to be just a tad more creative and I think it would be beyond my wildest expectations .

I would love to hear it with the bass turned down a bit and the keyboards using less distortion, in actual fact using a Wurlitzer keyboard and the drummer to be just a tad more creative and I think it would be beyond my wildest expectations .

So in other words - not your cuppa tea.  :thumbup:

ok..how about an acoustic version...there is a longish interview in the beginning but an interview that's worth a listen..

and there is another version where they use a piano...but ill leave keep to the acoustic version for now

Edited by Stretch