Song of the day, add your current favourite....

SwissVan

Hope you and your wife kept photos from back then  :)

My young son had to go to school with 'monster hair' for a team thing, he was absolutely amazed at how well and quick his Mum could do hair that had spikes :whistling:

yeah...the kids bring them out for a laugh regularly

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

..... Gonubie ......

THE PLACE OF LEGENDS  :whistling: 

edit: pic added for effect (no matter where you stay in Gonubie, you're never more than 2km from saltwater

g214801.jpg

Edited by fanievb

not the type of thing usually on this thread but these okes can really tokkel a kietaar

edit: pic added for effect (no matter where you stay in Gonubie, you're never more than 2km from saltwater

g214801.jpg

awesome beach that

i think they playing in durbs too..but surely cape town would be closer? or is the company more important than the location?  :D

I'd like to say it's the company but that might be conceited ;)

Ha ha I think I will be one of those old fogies.... I remember my goth stage, also remember that my boyfriend at the time could do his eyeliner better than I did. Eek my poor parents!!!

Hahaaa I started as the rock chick that hung out at goth clubs , they were most forgiving :)

Good times that.

edit: pic added for effect (no matter where you stay in Gonubie, you're never more than 2km from saltwaterg214801.jpg

That lagoon you guys have, it's lekker. I want a house alongside there.

Guest notmyname

Hahaaa I started as the rock chick that hung out at goth clubs , they were most forgiving :)

Good times that.

Haha. When most were rock/grunge/metal my group of mates were skollie BMXER/skater punkers. Everybody hated us. Got my ass kicked most weekends but stuck it out. We're all still tight to this day.

Haha. When most were rock/grunge/metal my group of mates were skollie BMXER/skater punkers. Everybody hated us. Got my ass kicked most weekends but stuck it out. We're all still tight to this day.

Haha in the sheltered environment I grew up in the only violence I saw was in the mosh pit - and at the end of the song - everyone picked everyone else up and went off to have a beer together. Must say, thinking back, with the alternative clubs there were never fights and stuff .

Haha in the sheltered environment I grew up in the only violence I saw was in the mosh pit - and at the end of the song - everyone picked everyone else up and went off to have a beer together. Must say, thinking back, with the alternative clubs there were never fights and stuff .

I agree. I don't remember fights really that often. I remember the night The Doors got raided by the police due to a liquor licence dispute and the police were a little heavy handed trying to force everybody to leave the club.

I agree. I don't remember fights really that often. I remember the night The Doors got raided by the police due to a liquor licence dispute and the police were a little heavy handed trying to force everybody to leave the club.

I remember the one night arriving at the Doors and it was dead quiet - apparently we'd just missed a raid - the perks of rocking up at clubs at like 1pm (those were the days)

also went to go see Battery 9 play once - came out about 4am was on my own - and car wouldn't start - a group that came out helped me jump start my car with strict instructions not to stop for anything :D  - maybe people were just nicer back then?

I think people were generally nice with some exceptions which is always the case. The Doors in Marshall St was legendary ???? also there were other good clubs as well.

Edited by Red Robin

Did you ever go to The Fridge at the Gas works? that became my favorite hang out  -  I missed the Belle Napoli and Le Club days by a couple of years - and I keep getting reminded about that - but my school friends were never into the alternative stuff so my earlier clubbing days were along Qs, Masquerades and the like - having a chuckle now thinking back to how dodge that was

I think people were generally nice with some exceptions which is always the case. The Doors in Marshall St was legendary also there were other good clubs as well.

Did you ever go to The Fridge at the Gas works? that became my favorite hang out - I missed the Belle Napoli and Le Club days by a couple of years - and I keep getting reminded about that - but my school friends were never into the alternative stuff so my earlier clubbing days were along Qs, Masquerades and the like - having a chuckle now thinking back to how dodge that was

Started at Subway ( embarrassingly young), then Le Club, occasionally Club Images (punk stage ????) then The Doors. Never a big Junction fan. Went back to UK for a bit so missed a few years here in Jhb so think I missed quite a few clubs.