Song of the day, add your current favourite....

SwissVan

Voice of Destruction - A Beast Is Born

Listening to the whole CD. Found it at Look & Listen on the weekend. Was very surprised as I've been looking for the CD for a very long time. Last time I had managed to listen to their stuff was when I saw them play live at the Purple Turtle in Cape Town about 10 years ago.

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shearwater-The Hunter's star.

In a similar fashion to Mark Hollis' date=' lead vocalist Jonothan Meiburg dazzles with a hauntingly beautiful vocal and a subtle, yet impact full piano performance.

He is accompanied by a beautiful string arrangement and delicately delivered guitar work.

This is one awesome song and I have to rate it as one of the best this year for me so far.

Here is a you tube clip.

The album version is much better

[/quote']

Mmm....this has been a very good find for me. Thanks for the recommendation. Got the 'Rook' album on Friday and am loving it....it's a phenomenal album.

Which others of theirs would you recommend...?

Download the "Rook" album yesterday and busy listening to it.

Really excellent, I'm enjoying every single track  !!

Download the "Rook" album yesterday and busy listening to it. Really excellent' date=' I'm enjoying every single track!![/quote']

so, it's an album for mountain bikers?

Download the "Rook" album yesterday and busy listening to it. Really excellent' date=' I'm enjoying every single track!![/quote']

so, it's an album for mountain bikers?

Excellent album.

Check out Spoon as well.

Mint and Thug

Two more albums I enjoy, however different to Shearwater.

Feist-The Reminder

Okkervil River-The stage names.

Mint and Thug

Two more albums I enjoy' date=' however different to Shearwater.

Feist-The Reminder

[/quote']

I love Feist....have all her albums

Okkervil River....if I remember correctly from what I read up Shearwater evolved from them, correct?

Mint and Thug

Feist-The Reminder

[/quote']I love Feist....have all her albumsOkkervil River....if I remember correctly from what I read up Shearwater evolved from them, correct?

Yip, these indie bands are like the blokes in Delmas west, pretty incestuous but cool tunes smiley2.gif

Also google some American Music Club, Ryan Adams, Lucinda Williams, Death Cab for Cutie, The Delgado's, The Watson Twins, Jenny Lewis, Son Volt and Wilco.

Mint and Thug

Feist-The Reminder

[/quote']

Got Feist's "Let it Die"

Ryan Adams is an absolute legend.

A friend of mine and fellow fan saw him in the UK last year. Well....he doesn't perform solo anymore, only as part of The Cardinals.

They've been criticized for their lack of communication on stage, but Adams says they simply don't want to take anything from the music by letting their personalities interfere with it. My friend says they walked on stage and said "We are The Cardinals from the USA"....played a mind-blowing 2hr set without speaking at all and barely stopping between tracks, if at all and then finished off by saying "We are The Cardinals from the USA, good night" and walked off the stage

I've been neglecting collecting music for a bit....need to check and see if they've released anymore stuff.....9 albums and counting

Mint and Thug

Feist-The Reminder

[/quote']

Got Feist's "Let it Die"

The Reminder is even better and you also can't go wrong with her first album, Monarch