VA spinning instructors

zeepee

I heard about this from the members yesterday' date=' and personally don?t agree with what happened and how. It can sometimes however be disruptive for the other members and instructor, having people arrive late, or spinning through a cool down.  

Spinning unlike other classes can more easily accommodate late comers and people leaving early although not ideal. But it?s your workout and you determine your effort levels hopefully the instructor is inspiring enough to get the participation from the members.

The Gym?s need a variety of instructors to accommodate the members and class types offered. It?s impossible to accommodate everyone?s needs so we try please the majority.

I do believe that there is a problem with some of the ?instructors? that are qualifying but hopefully the member feedback and class attendance will determine how long the instructors career lasts.

There are some excellent instructors in the system and they deliver huge value to many members at the gyms.   

Garry

[/quote']

I gather you are somehow involved at sunnighill VA??

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Zeepee, Garry is a spinning instructor and also a road cyclist, as far as I know. Do you care to name the instructor who offended you?

I actually dont know who he is (if i did i would've), i dont think he's one of the regular afternoon/evening instructors.

I filled for the 17h30 class last night after your incident. So just involved as instructor got the feedback from some members who also thought it was crazy.

P.S Darryl says you a "slow ass" on your KTM? (his words)
Gaza2008-10-24 07:17:58

Its a joke. I cant even get a job as an instructor. Im not sure why (me thinks its my demographical situation) However, I have been to various gyms throwing out my CV (Sports Science Student, Cyclist of 14 years, First Aid Level 2, indoor Cycling Qualification) but no-one is interested at all. They take my details and tell me to come back in a few months

And then you have the caliber of this instructor. I hate gyms with a passion. They are money making industries with the sole purpose of ripping your hard earned Rands from your pockets and couldn't care about your well being.

I filled for the 17h30 class last night after your incident. So just involved as instructor got the feedback from some members who also thought it was crazy.

P.S Darryl says you a "slow ass" on your KTM? (his words)

Cool, I must admit i really enjoyed your class. You normally in the mornings there?

Ha ha, just got a call from him. Ja most kawa riders think they're fast

you guys should all go and attend a spinning class with donkey at VA gardens' date=' ape town.
He IS a legend of an instructor. highly qualified and even more entertaining!
Thumbs%20Up
[/quote']

Donkey is definitely a LEGEND!!!

I don't know of any other spinning class where you need "The Auditor" to be there Wink

I must say that I stopped spinning at <?: prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Centurion VA gym, which has great instructors(real cyclists), when they moved to the ?new? Gym which has an inadequate HVAC system.   No amount of complaining has been able to fix it. Thumbs%20Down

I personally think it is a health risk doing spinning in that sauna that they call a spin class and would not be surprised if they contravening a bunch of OHS act requirements.Angry  <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

So now I commute to work instead.Big%20smile

Ox_Wagon2008-10-24 09:50:11

What knobs they are.

Last night i went to Virgin Active sunninghill to do the 17h30 spinning class. I was there at 5 and thought seeing as the class thats busy currently is half empty' date=' I'd sneak in and get 20mins extra training in.

As i walked into the class the instructor turned the music off and screamed at me over the mic to get out off his class. I couldnt believe it, I've been a member at VA for 8-9 years and have done 100s of spinning classes and done this many times without being treated like a dog.

I'm so gatvol of these instructors with this chip on their shoulders, I've been going to less and less classes just because of this.

Sir i hope you read this, but i seriously doubt it as you are old and overweight and i cannot imagine that you actually ever get onto a real bicycle. If you do read this, maybe you should start treating people in the gym like clients. You never know, you might actually fill up a class once in a while.

(and to VA do us all a favour and get more real cyclists to instruct the spinning classes)
[/quote']

Thing is VA doesn't treat their instructors very well, I was happier teaching everywhere else but VA!!!

My personal opinion!!

Its a joke. I cant even get a job as an instructor. Im not sure why (me thinks its my demographical situation) However' date=' I have been to various gyms throwing out my CV (Sports Science Student, Cyclist of 14 years, First Aid Level 2, indoor Cycling Qualification) but no-one is interested at all. They take my details and tell me to come back in a few months

And then you have the caliber of this instructor. I hate gyms with a passion. They are money making industries with the sole purpose of ripping your hard earned Rands from your pockets and couldn't care about your well being.

[/quote']

I fully agree with you there...Don't know about the other big gyms but VA sucks. They pay their staff peanuts and it's more like who's butt you kiss rather than what you know and can do!!

I have been going to planet fitness and must say i have never had a problem when it comes to this kind of situation. Most of the spinning instructors are cyclists and know wat cycling is about and i have also gone into the class to 20min before the nxt class starts and never been treated like this they actually welcome me. maybe change gyms and if you a discovery member you pay R400 once and thats it just have to get to the gym 2 times a month busch12008-10-24 10:37:41

also done a few spinning classes at P F in Hennops Park, Centurion. 3 or 4  very good instructors- that know how to give you a good workout. but there are 1 or 2 that confuse their aerobics and spinning - that  I did not enjoy.  

Wonder Woman, maybe it's just me, but I sense a real negative energy between your avatar and your signitureLOL

Wonder Woman' date=' maybe it's just me, but I sense a real negative energy between your avatar and your signitureLOL[/quote']

Can't tell if ur joking or not but there's nothing amiss here, strong modern woman with faith? Gets my vote.