Two Cyclists knocked down by motorist

Dirty Twin

One of my mates (Baron Naude) and a training partner taken out on Marine drive this morning.Angry

Baron all bruised but nothing broken training partner waiting to be x-rayed/scanned will update later.

Guy in a LDV pulled out of 10th avenue in Summerstrand and just did not see them of course just yielding at a STOP street turns out this dude is also a cyclist (Jekyll or Jakal & Hyde thread) was so apologetic and felt really bad because he is always fighting with motorists when he is on his bike.

Of course my mate was riding his 1(ONE) week old Scott Plasma tri bike?

glad that your buddy is ok. i hope his training pal is also ok - let us know. will keep him in my thoughts.

i hope that the driver never ever ever again repeats his "i own the road" view to himself and that in future he will always be moer law abiding and aware.

At least the driver acknowledged that it was his fault.  Very few will do that.

Hope your mates will recover well.

It's a sad day when a fellow cyclist knocks down another cyclist with his car!!!!!!!!!!!

I was knocked over by a motorist in Walker Drive P.E. in September last year and my brand new Silverback Sierra was written off.  I'm still battling with neck injuries, otherwise ok.

Hope your friends are OK.

Cheers

PeterF

Confused

Mistakes do happen .... we've all made some during our life. Bottom line is that he didn't stop but at least he did show genuine concern etc unlike the f#&kwits who couldn't care less whether a driver, cyclist, rider is dead or alive.

However, if he was over the limit, on a cellphone or lighting a cigarrette then I have no sympathy
idrive2008-11-02 02:29:17

AArgh! How's the bike? *cringe*

hope your mate's okay - that stufff just shouldn't happen. But yeah, as you say... at least the guy stopped afterwards instead of doing what most people woulda done and told you to f*&king watch where you're going...