Pathetic Customer Service: CRC

vaulter1

Let me start off by saying THIS IS MY RANT! You don't have to agree with me but the "That's what you get for not supporting local" posters need not applyAngry

With that out of the way, I recently placed a couple of orders to CRC to take advantage of their flood sale.  A couple because I forgot half the things I needed in the first order and the deals were good enough to foot for the shipping.  These orders were placed the morning of the 5th and 6th respectively.  I noticed on Friday (7th) morning that they were both still "processing" so I dropped CRC a note asking if they could combine the orders to save me the shipping cost. They replied they couldn't at "this stage of processing".  The first order shipped Monday evening and the second on Tuesday - not what I'd call speedy by any means.  What pisses me off the most is that for the first order, I recieved an email Monday night stating that all items had shipped but when I checked online to get the tracking number on Tuesday morning I saw that the stem I ordered had been cancelled.  I mailed them Tuesday morning to figure out what was up and was told that it had indeed been dropped from the order due to lack of stock.  Long story short... I asked them if I could order an alternate stem and would they waive the ?10 shipping fee given my recent ?250 orders and prior orders over ?1000.  There reply was this:

"Hi

there,

Just

to inform you that unfortunately we are unable to wave the postage change that

will be required for the Stem that you are requiring. We apologize for the

inconvenience caused and we would have contacted you but out of all the Flood

Stock items that we have had we were not able to contact any of the customers

about incomplete orders and we had to cancel there Out o Stock

items.

Kind

Regards,

James "

WTF?  Grammar and spelling is sortof important in business, in my humble opinion, and for the sake of ?10 they have just pissed-off another customer.  Unfortunately, like a moth to a flame or an addict to his poison, I still need a stem so if anyone in JHB is placing an order let me know by PM and I'll split the shipping.  END OF RANT.  Thanks for reading if you made it this farClap

All part of life's rich pageant.

Can do you a couple of custom made verses of "Don't Worry, Be Happy" if it will help - but you'll have to cover the postage.

Still better than supporting the local cartels - just see it that way and you will feel a whole lot better

And that is the reason why I support the local "cartels" !

Let me start off by saying THIS IS MY RANT! You don't have to agree with me but the "That's what you get for not supporting local" posters need not applyAngry

With that out of the way' date=' I recently placed a couple of orders to CRC to take advantage of their flood sale.  A couple because I forgot half the things I needed in the first order and the deals were good enough to foot for the shipping.  These orders were placed the morning of the 5th and 6th respectively.  I noticed on Friday (7th) morning that they were both still "processing" so I dropped CRC a note asking if they could combine the orders to save me the shipping cost. They replied they couldn't at "this stage of processing".  The first order shipped Monday evening and the second on Tuesday - not what I'd call speedy by any means.  What pisses me off the most is that for the first order, I recieved an email Monday night stating that all items had shipped but when I checked online to get the tracking number on Tuesday morning I saw that the stem I ordered had been cancelled.  I mailed them Tuesday morning to figure out what was up and was told that it had indeed been dropped from the order due to lack of stock.  Long story short... I asked them if I could order an alternate stem and would they waive the ?10 shipping fee given my recent ?250 orders and prior orders over ?1000.  There reply was this:

"Hi there,

Just to inform you that unfortunately we are unable to wave the postage change that will be required for the Stem that you are requiring. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and we would have contacted you but out of all the Flood Stock items that we have had we were not able to contact any of the customers about incomplete orders and we had to cancel there Out o Stock items.

Kind Regards,

James "

WTF?  Grammar and spelling is sortof important in business, in my humble opinion, and for the sake of ?10 they have just pissed-off another customer.  Unfortunately, like a moth to a flame or an addict to his poison, I still need a stem so if anyone in JHB is placing an order let me know by PM and I'll split the shipping.  END OF RANT.  Thanks for reading if you made it this farClap

[/quote']

Vaulter...... remember CRC is in Ireland and that a few dumb things are apt to happen!!!!!!!! Many ienglieshmen spik and rite even worse that the Boertjies in the Vrystaat!!!!!!!

Dan moet jy nie eens begin as daar iets fout gaan met die parte van CRC

waarborge is nie geldig in SA. as jy n probleem het gaan jy dit op jou onkoste moet terug stuur na hulle toe.

I don't think they were able to cope with the rush generated by the flood sale. We've had similar issues with a group order but they've been a bit more communicative and we have now made several changes to the order.

I guess you just had a chop handling your order and he wasn't about to go the extra mile.

With that out of the way' date=' I recently placed a couple of orders to CRC to take advantage of their flood sale.  A couple because I forgot half the things I needed in the first order and the deals were good enough to foot for the shipping.  These orders were placed the morning of the 5th and 6th respectively.  I noticed on Friday (7th) morning that they were both still "processing" so I dropped CRC a note asking if they could combine the orders to save me the shipping cost. They replied they couldn't at "this stage of processing".  The first order shipped Monday evening and the second on Tuesday - not what I'd call speedy by any means.  What pisses me off the most is that for the first order, I recieved an email Monday night stating that all items had shipped but when I checked online to get the tracking number on Tuesday morning I saw that the stem I ordered had been cancelled.  I mailed them Tuesday morning to figure out what was up and was told that it had indeed been dropped from the order due to lack of stock.  Long story short... I asked them if I could order an alternate stem and would they waive the ?10 shipping fee given my recent ?250 orders and prior orders over ?1000.  There reply was this:

"Hi there,

Just to inform you that unfortunately we are unable to wave the postage change that will be required for the Stem that you are requiring. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and we would have contacted you but out of all the Flood Stock items that we have had we were not able to contact any of the customers about incomplete orders and we had to cancel there Out o Stock items.

Kind Regards,

James "

[/quote']

Vaulter...... remember CRC is in Ireland and that a few dumb things are apt to happen!!!!!!!! Many ienglieshmen spik and rite even worse that the Boertjies in the Vrystaat!!!!!!!
Have you got any idea how many Boertjies work in UK/Irish call centres these days?  Almost more than Indians!!!!!!!

Why not support local bike shops instead on paying postage and getting disappointment. At least u have after sale service

Hey bra Thats very unfortunate, I would be very Pissed aswell, as the free postage kind of makes up the difference in going local or by mail.

I must admit that I have spent about R15000 at CRC and have mostly had good service ecept for getting a size 2 Spd shoe In stead of a size 9. It was to cost me about R800 bucks to get the sh*t back there with a relieble courier. so I kept them for key rings.

On my last order One of the item on my order also got dropped without notice, lucky for me, I just clered the shipping, and this I also only found out upon receiving the parcel. Which I might ad, was here within 4 days of me placing the order!not bad for free shipping.

The warrent Issue is at least a risk one takes knowingly.

But I do admit some of the local guys are taking the piss. I meen paying R800 bucks for a XT big ring is stupid even though thats probably shimano?? I got a new crankset for R800 on CRC..

The legend lives on..

But I do admit some of the local guys are taking the piss. I meen paying R800 bucks for a XT big ring is stupid even though thats probably shimano?? I got a new crankset for R800 on CRC..

The legend lives on..

R 812 to be precise.Angry Funny (?) thing was that was the exact amount I was quoted by ALL 6 bike shops I visited.

And Im sure everyone cant make up a full order for shipping so they have to buy the damn stuff!

did you buy it eventually?