Raleigh needs some help from..........Raleigh

rock

...not to mention the other cult Raleigh bikes: Chopper' date=' Grifter and (ok, not so cool) Bomber.

Would kill to get my hands on an original Chopper!  Anyone got one lying around?

[/quote']

Funnily enough, there is a 1970 Raleigh Chopper for sale on the Bicycling website. R2500

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a Raleigh Burner BMX with back pedal brakes when I was 10. It had that terrible hard grips that will eat into your hands. Could not break the damn thing in order to get a better bike. Was actually happy when it got stolen until it was replaced witha piece of crap.

I bought myself an orginal Chopper about 3 months ago (beautiful deep purple) Big%20smile It still has the orginal tires on it... actually, everything looks like it's still original on the bike. Plan to restore it to it's former glory (paint job & chrome) and ride an Argus on it one day. It was the first bike I owned as a kid and I've been looking for one for ages.

Could not break the damn thing in order to get a better bike. Was actually happy when it got stolen until it was replaced witha piece of crap.

Your current road bike ??.

thanks buff ClapClapClap that bike sure brings back a few memories . i can remeber taking my gf 's bike for a ride and at some speed you used to get a bit of a speed wobble !! That must be a colletors item EISH Wink

Great looking bike. you can have the stickers made at a sign shop. Take a thin piece of paper and carbon rub the sticker (place the paper over the sticker and rub the side of a pencil or crayon over it). The sign company can use that or simply just use the font "Microgramma" re replicate.

The new ones have a single seat with some sort of back support.

Clap Wow... reminds me of when I was a laaitie and we used to put plastic Tropica bottles in our brake calipers to make a motorbike sound and ride around the neighbourhood pretending to be like Punch and Baker! Cry

Ja, I lost plenty of skin thanks to the speed wobble these beauts used to get at high speed Ouch

and don't forget the wheelie competitons... I could wheelie this thing for blocks on end, even around corners... tried it the other day and nearly fell my moer off LOL

hey even Johhny T kicked ass on a raleigh........

http://www.firstflightbikes.com/Tomac.jpg

Ti and carbon........nice,

Kitty is doing very well... matter of fact, he taken over the house. My hands look like they're been through the shedder at work... he's a ruthless little bugger !!! Will post an update soon. Thanks for asking.

thanks buff for the update and that chopper pic . I am going to email it to my ex gf in newzeland and see what she says. I like the color too cheers

The bike in the first pic is in the Traditional Raleigh Team colors. Retro but still cool in my opinion. My first BMX was also a burner, cheap, heavy but lots of fun. Even the old Team Raleigh bmx bikes used those colours.:

http://www.bmxman.com/_borders/DSCF0162.JPG

...not to mention the other cult Raleigh bikes: Chopper' date=' Grifter and (ok, not so cool) Bomber.

Would kill to get my hands on an original Chopper!  Anyone got one lying around?

[/quote'] Willehond, you wont believe me but close to where I work is a real old hardware and bike shop end they have a brand new (Meaining it has not been ridden but probably standing there since 1975) Chopper in the window. Also still have Western Flyer decals on the window. Real blast from the past