Alberton _ JHB South Riders

Slave

You make me blush dude!

Was a great pleasure meeting you and your son.(who I think has some decent talent by the way...and dont forget that PM)

May I just add that my riding success' (mainly schools/junior level) came when I was much younger(I started riding in '89) and I stopped racing in '99...so the last (near) decade has been not as competitive as you think...but I still like to 'go' when I can!

Anyone thats up for a great ride should definately contact Slave2Love...he is one of the nicest guys I have met, and an incredible laugh as well!

Next time dude...

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slave

• Cyclewizz

• Trubie

• Andyr249

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey greybird V5.6' date=' is Slave's peugeot really nine hundred years old?

[/quote']

cakesisters this bloke is ageing fast ..

Hey TNT1...whats this cr@p I hear about you becoming a MTB goat? Given up on the road thing? Thought we were doing Panorama Tour together?

Yes...thats affirmative TNT1...but it goes like its only 1week old!

What? It cries constantly, needs feeding a lot and so on?

Hey TNT1...whats this cr@p I hear about you becoming a MTB goat? Given up on the road thing? Thought we were doing Panorama Tour together?

No worries, I'm sure I can make a guest road appearance for a special occasion...

Hi all, my wife and I have entered the fast one and man I was a bit deur did K...K smiley11.gif as far as organising a lift back to the start to my vehicle.

Is there someone else doing this type of service a phone number or something please.smiley1.gif

Hi all' date=' my wife and I have entered the fast one and man I was a bit deur did K...K [img']https://assets.bikehub.co.za/legacy_images/smilies/smiley11.gif[/img] as far as organising a lift back to the start to my vehicle.

Is there someone else doing this type of service a phone number or something please.smiley1.gif

Heeltemal verkeerde plek om so posting te kom plak.  Maak 'n nuwe onderwerp daaroor, of bel die fastone one kantore en boek vir julle 'n shuttle.  aka R 100 x 2  smiley2.gif
Jackes17542009-01-19 07:32:41

O wise bird. Who'smaking who blush here dude?

Seriously, I thought it was great riding with you and I was seriously impressed when you came flying past me with dash in tow. I just had to (That eveil twin of mine again) try and stay with you. Even though I knew I stood little chance, it was a great (allbeit very short) burst for me. (Nearly burst my blerry poepstring.)

Not to worry there Dash, I was just as unfit not too long ago. Let ya into a leetle secret. Ride the bike dude, ride the bike. Does wonders for fitness. Train, ride the bike.

So you see my explosive hub buddy (TNT), I sh!t you not when I say my ride is young. I'm the old fart in the equation. But I can still enjoy a good ride every now and then.

Hey wise bird. You riding the fast one?

Will send PM shortly. I kinda forgot. (see that happens when you get to be older than your ride and your ride is as young as mine.)

sounds like was a good long ride S2L!! let me know nexttime you gonna do a nice long one! working this weekendsmiley6.gif but always keen if i'm free.

i hit the sugar bush on sat morning with Muxman and a few other guys. got to the gate at about 6:50am, and there was already a que, mostly cyclists and a few bird watchers..

well, i have never done hills like that before!! you either going up or down and the flat sections are short, just a tease that you gonna have enough break to recover fullysmiley1.gif!! did ok for my first time there i think and climbed ok, but had to walk on the one hill(the last hard hill at the end of the ride, 7km of increasing incline, its a beast!!), legs were burning and just couldnt getb the crank over!!

can understand how riding there will make your legs so strong and make small hills seems like bumps!!smiley1.gif

then went for the group ride on sunday to do the loop and steps, as tried to do Mux suggested and just take it easy and stay in the pack... so much for that.... was with the pack to start and a group of 5 lifestyle performance club members came flying past the group. i was bunched in the midlle and had to try get out to try and chase those guys down, so eventually had a clearing when they were about 500m ahead of the pack and went balls tio the wall to catch them... eventually caught up, and was feeling the pain after the sugar bush ride!!! but managed to stay with them for the rest and up the steps no problem! so at least the fitness is getting there now...

so think i'm gonna stic to try doing hill climbing on sat, or a nice long ride, and then with the group on sundays...

scared that i'm getting hooked on this cycling thing a bit too muchsmiley14.gif

Thanx S2L & J1754 I was just asking if anyone knows of another shuttle services, phone number actually.

I did use J1754 advice and posted a new topic on chit chat... Thanx for the advice.

By reading your articles the words you use show compassion that's why I asked.

I asked on the cycling (Group rides) forum by reading the articles I was under the impression that you guys are the leading hands of the group rides and been at it for years.

Thanx again and my apologies I was being like one of those "OKS" that the starter has to recall a couple of times.

Maybe this thread gives an overated opinion of my abilities and ego.

I have been cycling for many years, but not competitvely. I actually only cycle to keep fit and since I have an overinflated view of my opinions and abilities, I like to share my experiences on this forum.smiley36.gif

I do live out that way and will try to organise a trailer and maybe I can help out a few dudes who are stuck for a way to get back to JHB from Van der Byl. No promises, I will speak to some people today and if I come right, will post a thread / topic on it.

Since I am going for a ride on my own, I will only be available later anyway, but if I can help out, I will do so.

As to being the leader of anything, dude, I just hang around in a social bunch of riders and mainly wheelsuck. Then come the steps, I try and go all out to get to the top as close to the front as possible. That ego thing again.

In reality, (not my overactive imagination), I have only been riding with this bunch for about three months. Before that, solo training and riding and I have a whole two 94.7's as my only claim to "Fame".

Sorry if I mislead you dude.