Mechanical vs Hydraulic disc brakes on MTBs

drumworx

smiley36.gif BB I know where mampara came from , he has been influenced by all those roadie blokes telling him hom gagga raleigh is . It will take him a while to realize that he is actually riding on an engineering master piece and when that time comes his eyes will open to a whole new world of minimum bike maintenance and 101% reliability .

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Mammy (ok?) don't apologise for it only being a Raleigh' date=' do you really want to get DR worked up now![/quote']

I'm not appologizing, just mentioning. People see Raleigh and automatically they assume bad quality. You must look at your own needs. It will never stand up to down hill racing and will be very painfull for Epic stuff (talking hard tail), but for playing around for a few hours, you won't get better value.

It is always nice to have the latest bits. I agree with Mampara, you do not have to have the latest top of the range to enjoy yourself. It is also a question of cost vs performance.

I am very interested in the Raleigh Marathon 4.0. Think it is a great buy for the price. The only thing putting me off is the looks of the back suspension - not cool according to me.

It is always nice to have the latest bits. I agree with Mampara' date=' you do not have to have the latest top of the range to enjoy yourself. It is also a question of cost vs performance.

I am very interested in the Raleigh Marathon 4.0. Think it is a great buy for the price. The only thing putting me off is the looks of the back suspension - not cool according to me.
[/quote']

Single pivot with lots of side to side slop. Not cool.

smiley24.gif Single pivot , Santa C design !! Most probably cooler than the underpants I am wearing !! No BBI in my books that is the coolest design around at the moment !

smiley24.gif Single pivot ' date=' Santa C design !! Most probably cooler than the underpants I am wearing !! No BBI in my books that is the coolest design around at the moment ![/quote']

You joking with me??? I do not like the high back swing arm, to cluttered.

The Santa Cruz is a stunning bike. Look at the '07 Superlight.

http://www.santacruzmtb.com/superlight/superlight.jpg

Beautiful bike......... might just invest in one Wink

Oh....that's right.......... I already have LOL

I think we are going a bit off the topic, but a last quickie. The Santa Cruz looks like the Raleigh. Share a frame?

I think we are going a bit off the topic' date=' but a last quickie. The Santa Cruz looks like the Raleigh. Share a frame?[/quote']

Where do you think Raleigh got their design from ?

I think we are going a bit off the topic' date=' but a last quickie. The Santa Cruz looks like the Raleigh. Share a frame?[/quote']

Same factory. Kinesis if I remember correctly.

Yes they do!!!! The CRUIZIES will go crazy now but they do!!!!!!

Yes they do!!!! The CRUIZIES will go crazy now but they do!!!!!!

I've never liked the execution of this particular single pivot, I do however think the cannondale boys have got it right though.