Mechanical vs Hydraulic disc brakes on MTBs

drumworx

I think we are going a bit off the topic' date=' but a last quickie. The Santa Cruz looks like the Raleigh. Share a frame?[/quote']

You know what, I was going to say the exact same thing, but last time I made a Raleigh comment I got called an Arsehole Smile

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we are going a bit off the topic' date=' but a last quickie. The Santa Cruz looks like the Raleigh. Share a frame?[/quote']

You know what, I was going to say the exact same thing, but last time I made a Raleigh comment I got called an Arsehole Smile

Aren't you? Kidding. I know what you mean the raleigh and Santa Cruz people are a little hyper sensitive just like anyone riding an alledged boutique brand that is being mass produced. Just found out that the Titus Ali frames are gonna be coming outta the East as well, at least I have a Ti one however,

Aren't you? Kidding. I know what you mean the raleigh and Santa Cruz people are a little hyper sensitive just like anyone riding an alledged boutique brand that is being mass produced. Just found out that the Titus Ali frames are gonna be coming outta the East as well, at least I have a Ti one however,

I ride a Raleigh you see, and I know what it's like to ride in the forest and get looked down on as if we are trailer park trash. Us Raleigh owners also have feelings.Cry

My Titus MotoLite is from the east, Kinesis as well. The difference lies in the fact that it's engineered by TITUS!

As for the SC/Raleigh single pivot design? It has been around for many, many moons. Has always been a bit flexy and i seen a few cracked/broken ones, so it'll be interesting to see if SC manages to deal with this effectively on the new model. A friend has one on order(switching from a Blur after ENDLESS problems with the pivots....a whole nother 30page mud-slinger of a thread that) so will def give it a good looking over once he gets it.

I ride a Raleigh you see' date=' and I know what it's like to ride in the forest and get looked down on as if we are trailer park trash. Us Raleigh owners also have feelings.Cry
[/quote']

Nothing wrong with a Raleigh.

I used to ride an RM7, certain of whose parts have found their way onto my Santa Cruz.

So do I now ride Santa Raleigh or a Raleigh Cruz?   Confused

To paraphrase Peter Tosh "Stand up for your rights", in this case "Stand up for your bikes" Big%20smile

Don't just look at the pictures when deciding. Take it for ride. I tested the Merida and they do not make my size. I take 19" and Merida only makes 18" and 20". The 18" was too short and the 20" way to long. Alot of people will say rahter go for smaller but that was not comfortable for me. I ended up trying a 19" Giant that was very comfortable and ended up with the 19" Raleigh that is also very comfortable.

For sure! The link is just for illustrative purposes Wink

I've seen the bike and will go try it out over the weekend.

Drumworx, If it fits go for it. I started out on the Matts 500 with V brakes and they worked a treat. I have upgraded to a "Better" bike a year ago with Hydro brakes. the only difference I can see is that you need to apply slightly more pressure to get the same stopping power. However the pads last wayyyyyy longer.

I was recently forced to ride the trusty old Mereda and found the bike to climb and handle better than my race machine, even if it was a bit heavier.

PS. the meredas also come our of the Specialized factory.

Good boy.....we only warn you once. Then the boys will throw EVERYTHING THEY'VE GOT(ie lots of slutty pics of half-naked chicks) AT YOU!

drumworx....please don't interrupt us mid-hijack by bringing the thread back to the original topic! Wink

Nice one.

Good boy.....we only warn you once. Then the boys will throw EVERYTHING THEY'VE GOT(ie lots of slutty pics of half-naked chicks) AT YOU!

OOH, yes please!