Raleigh Pricing

Eugene

Raleigh prices have gone up ALLOT.

I was phoning around for a friend who wants to get into riding.

I think a 2009 RC2000 is like R3000-4000 MORE than a 2008 RC3000. Crazy.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

U sure about the prices? Similar 09 bikes will cost about R12000 locally.
Guessing those bikes were brought in before the Rand saw it's ass!

The rand is a red herring. Just look at CRC and you'll find great deals, weaker ZAront notwithstanding.

Raleigh probably think that they are established enough in the SA market to bring their prices up to a simmilar level of the other mid to upper range bikes. I think that they are going to get a shock when people would rather ride a Trek / Giant / GT than a raleigh

Wow, Probikes pricing was very competative in the 2008 range, but this is rediculous. I wish them luck, for their sake I hope there are people out there with plenty cash and no idea what they're buying.

I haven't seen the new Merida/Scott/Giant pricing but I doubt Raleigh will be cheaper in 2009. Thus I would encourage people to rather go for one of the more established brands. In the MTB range, Raleighs are quite heavy, for example, the MR5 weighs in at 13.9kgs, which is a heavy beast to drag around at R20K+.

Bad news is Scott is now also with Probike, so I will have to find a new brand of choice.

On the positive side if you're looking to shop late 2009, Probike should be having a huge clearance sale :)

Good point. Probike marketing dude Brandon Els is on the Hub. Perhaps he can explain what's going on?

Ek het Vrydag met my LBS gepraat en hy wou nie eers vir my die Scott se pryse gee nie - Scott Scale 10 met vol XTR = R65000! Hulle is heeltemal bedonnerd as hulle dink ek gaan dit betaal as ek die Mongoose Canaan Team met vol SRAM X-0 kan kry vir R30000!!

What is the standard rule again?  A one year old bike should be sold for 50% of current retail, 2 year old 30% etc???  What is a good rule of thumb?  I can make some profit here too!

A friend was looking to replace is old road bike (Dale with 9sp Ultegra) so we had a looked at some 2009 Scott.  Guess what a carbon framed bike with entry level shimano wheels and Tiagra cost?Evil%20Smile  How about R20 000!Dead  Needless to say he just smiled and decided to keep on riding his old bike.LOL  <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

We will have to see what will happen to the bicycle industry that decided to adopted the car industry version of economize that goes something along the line off ? The less money people have to spend the more our product should cost?

I heard a rumor that a certain very popular MTB tire is now selling for more than R800 a tire.  That is plain ridicules. Clown's

Did you see the price of a Stan?s conversion kit in the latest Bicycling? R950, I hope it is a typo. Shocked<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Did you see the price of a Stan?s conversion kit in the latest Bicycling? R950' date=' I hope it is a typo. Shocked<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

[/quote']

Ox BigBen's Ghetto available at substantialy less for you sah!

Speaking of which: tubes which used to be available from PnP for R27 are now more than R40. These tubes are also supplied by Probike. I buy my tubes from the LBS now.