Campy vs Shimano

DaveVTC

Not sure wich pin.. I would check both. I was at the shop and saw that bike being tested after it was built. Everything worked 100% at that stage. These things do happen. Just be glad he was not moving at high speed..

Being tested on a stand by someone turning the cranks by hand an flipping through the gears is a lot different to the force being applied when riding, and also doesn't take the rider not knowing what he was doing out of the equation. I still say operator/mechanic error, not equipment failure....

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"That doesn't sound right.

Ar you sure that

1. The gap between the big ring and the FD was good?
  2. The FD was tight enough and did not move down and hooked the chainrings when you shifted down?

I hope that is the case......I sure as hell did not sell you a faulty item.  EmbarrassedConfusedOuchEmbarrassed"

I was thinking the same thing, normally its the setup that causes problems like these, once the braket, that the FD braze on to, came loose on my frame and also wrecked my FD.
Equipment may fail, but they test that stuff a lot before sending it out. You could have been one of the unlucky few that get problems with new stuff.

nope saw it myself at the lbs.. The pin in the RD popped out and the cage swung round and hit the rear stay.. a nasty sight.. Was a nice SL2 (world champ colours)

Felt that Like a kick in the balls - man that is one sweet looking frame....

These guys actually ride the bikes before they send them home.. They do not just test on the stand.  As far as I know there has been a few hiccups with the first batch.. I have my say.

"That doesn't sound right.

Ar you sure that

The gap between the big ring and the FD was good?

The FD was tight enough and did not move down and hooked the chainrings when you shifted down?

I hope that is the case......I sure as hell did not sell you a faulty item.  EmbarrassedConfusedOuchEmbarrassed"

I was thinking the same thing' date=' normally its the setup that causes problems like these, once the braket, that the FD braze on to, came loose on my frame and also wrecked my FD.
Equipment may fail, but they test that stuff a lot before sending it out. You could have been one of the unlucky few that get problems with new stuff.

[/quote']

Spinnekop.........

I honestly don't know how it happened. but the set was 100% the Bracket bolt was torqued and the gap was set using a taper gauge.

The main problem during testing was the chain (which i bought a new one and did not use the one i got from you) was jumping the teeth on the 11 gear on the back when i stood up, strange because the 11 did not look worn from the cluster you supplied, but when i used a different 11 it stopped jumping. I was movinhg the front up and down between the blades to see if it would stop jumping and the next minute the chain dropped off the big blade, and wrapped around my shoe. When i checked it out the cage was busted ( i was pushing major torque when the chain dropped so i think it jammed up in the cage soem how and broke it) at the small end where the screw is holding the cage closed. the carbon insert in that area is broken and it cannot be replaced so i have to buy a new derailerCry, Buuuuuut i will be making an insurance claim, because it was an insurable event.

BTW not to worry - u didn't sell me a defectvie part the group set works 110% and i'm very happy with it and the deal we did.

Sounds strange, since the "pin"is an alen bolt and if it pops out it means it wasn't tightened. Normally you wouldn't check this on brand new equipment though.

Sounds strange' date=' since the "pin"is an alen bolt and if it pops out it means it wasn't tightened. Normally you wouldn't check this on brand new equipment though.
[/quote']

Was thinking the same thing.......

BTW not to worry - u didn't sell me a defectvie part the group set works 110% and i'm very happy with it and the deal we did.

EmbarrassedBig%20smile

Glad to hear......

BTW that SL 2 frame is fairly easy to repair. If the owner can't claim, I'll point you in the right direction. A shame to waste such a good frameset.

BTW that SL 2 frame is fairly easy to repair. If the owner can't claim' date=' I'll point you in the right direction. A shame to waste such a good frameset.[/quote']

thanks cycleq will keep that in mind Thumbs%20Up its a beautiful frame !!! suppose it can happen to even the best equipment as they say Shirt happens !!!

Thumbs%20Up

Hagar.....

1.  How can 'n snapped derailleur crack a frame?

2.  I have done just over 2000km with my 11sp record and all is good.

maybe the hanger went into the spokes and jammed against the rear stay?

i rode 1 campy record chain for more than two years and still no problem!!!