Races not paying vets ladies prize money

FOURFEET

Rio/City of Matlosana

Emperors Palace [You pay the elite men R 29000?] What a shame!!!!!!!!

Carnival City does not indicate a prize money breakdown!!!!!!!!!!!!

Panorama Tour

Berge en Dale - Not even close to the minimum prize money for a classic. Are you cuting corners at the expense of cyclists???

Kormorant Classic - No breakdown.

Ladies and Gents this is not the way to treat the vets ladies. How do you plan to fix this.

Does your sponsors no about your discrimation against the vets ladies??

I bet they would like to know.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No just the rest of last year. It really is a shame when a race organiser cannot devide the minimum of R 30 000 PRIZE money that has to be paid according to the agreement with CSA over all the categories.

Ā 
FOURFEET2009-01-04 00:40:54

Haha, 3 threads on the same topic.

Ā 

In a perfect world I would agree with but this ain't a perfect world. I presume your missus is a Vet cyclist.

Ā 

How many licenced Vets lady cyclists are there ?

Ā 

Do you honestly expect 20 Vet ladies to fight for the same purse that 300 VetĀ  men do ? (those figures are used to illustrate the point).

Ā 

Are licenced Vet ladies good enough to warrant a purse equal to the Vet men?

Ā 

If a Vet lady is good enough maybe she should be cycling with the Elite ladies. Just a thought, use it don't use it.

Ā 

Oh, I would change your profile name to your actual name and not use the name one of the greatest talented footballers to have lived. Your bitterness tarnishes his memory !!

Ā 

Ā 

Nobody said equal prize money for a start.

Ā 

Vets ladies are perhaps better than the men. I can think abou two who have recently one worlds. Any men??

Ā 

Why would a vet lady want to race elites 20 years younger than her. Why would an under 12 want to race juniors.

Ā 

Also you will never find a vets bunch of 300 riders there is restrictions.

Ā 

It is all about giving them the same opportunities and acknowledgement.

Ā 

Bottolline is at a Provincial classic organisers must pay a minimum of R 30 000 prize money and a max of R 50 000. They actually agree on paper to do so.

Ā 

For a National classic the minimum is R 50 000 and the max anything more.

Ā 

If organisers do not pay these amounts then their races canoot have classic status.

Ā 

If you have classic status you should have start groups for all the licensed categories.

Ā 

Is it to much asked to pay prize money over all the categories. It appears the same is happening in MTB.

Ā 

Just for your info I do not have a missus but a mister.

ok firstly fourfeet one and Won are completely different!!

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

secondly explain how the vet ladies are better than the vet men???

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

thirdly put up a real name

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

and fourthly how can you split a prize purse equally when there are three vet ladies racing it out for the money in the 40plus cat ( marleen van heerden mrs pearton and that lady that always wears a neutral red shirt) those three are the only vets ladies that i see on the podiums consistantly to even consider bigger prize money

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

P.S. mountain biking has smaller prize purses for any race because the maximum amount of riders in a mountain bike race are far below warranting a R50000 prize purse!!!!turtlek2009-01-04 01:45:40

Turdlick for a start I will look pass your snotnose wit. You surely do not go to races very often. Their is quite a number of vets ladies participating.

How are they better than the men? We have Cathy Carstens current World champ and Elsa Karsten past world champ competing in these age categories. Any men that can make the claim?

Ā 

As for my name you can simply call me george.

Ā 

Splitting prize money equally is not the idea.

Turdlick for a start I will look pass your snotnose wit. You surely do not go to races very often. Their is quite a number of vets ladies participating.

Ā 

How are they better than the men? We have Cathy Carstens current World champ and Elsa Karsten past world champ competing in these age categories. Any men that can make the claim?

Ā 

?

Ā 

As for my name you can simply call me george.

Ā 

?

Ā 

Splitting prize money equally is not the idea.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Fourfeet get your facts straight you can go look at my profile i have nothing to hide unlike you who has to hide behind two alias's secondly you will find me at any race where there is a category for elites!!! so i think you should shut up before you start calling people names because i do take offence to your little play on my name that really shows your immaturity

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

also sorry i forgot about Cathy Carstens and yes she is an amazing rider i give her that

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

and if i am not mistaken Elsa Karsten still races with the elite ladies which in my opinion is very good for her age she still shows a few young guns how to ride a race

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

about the point about ladies being better than men and vice versa you should realise that people have completely different make up in genetics and mind set just like you can not compare a rider from the 60's to a rider now you can not compare a woman to a man

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

and if it is such a big issue for you about prize money for the vets ladies stop whinging on a public forum stop calling people names and go do something about it with the organisers seeing as you clearly have the energy for that!!!

Popcorn anyone????????

Ā 

?

Ā 

?

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

No need Oiltrash i am done i am going out to ride my bike again i dont need to waste my time with an immature alias!!

FourFeet.

Ā 

At the end of the day its the organisers call who gets what. For him its about getting advertising with the pro's and getting the fun riders for numbers. If you don't like it, don't race, race funride, or elite ladiesĀ or stand-up against the specific organisers at races.

Ā 

My personal opinion from what i know of the vet ladies, yes, they sometimes do deserve prize money, especially from what i seen at 94.7 last year as an example....but then theirs races which i would put a question mark on giving prize money as the ladies attending is not up to standerd on those specific races.

Popcorn anyone????????

Ā 

Ā 

No need Oiltrash i am done i am going out to ride my bike again i dont need to waste my time with an immature alias!!

Ā 

Perhaps he/she has a valid point but attacking long time hubbers is indeed not the way to go about airing onesĀ grievances.

Ā 

Ā 

Popcorn anyone????????

Ā 

?

Ā 

?

Ā 

?

Ā 

Perhaps he/she has a valid point but attacking long time hubbers is indeed not the way to go about airing ones?grievances.

Ā 

?

Ā 

?

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

i dont dispute the valid point that he/she does have at all but dont call me a name that is not mine i get very offended and so would anybody else that i know

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Fourfeet before this gets any worse lets drop it and you go sort it out with the race organisers if you really have an issue instead of making it a bigger issue than it is on a public forum!

I agree with 4feet. What I do believe is that for CSA to sanction a race there should be a formula/system that spreads the prize money across as many categories as possible. Pay your Elites R5000 and your Vet ladies R250 or whatever, but RECOGNISE them. It's not their fault competition doesn't pitch up.

Another example is the Dome2Dome, where 5 u14 boys arrive, 1st,2nd and 3rd get podiums and prize money. A similar number of u16 and junior girls race and get no recognition (podiums, announcements or prize money). It's a regular occurrence in the "forgotten" categories just because the numbers are low. How do you think my daughter feels when she is (as an u16) races with the boys, who get podiums and money and she rides a storming ride (sometimes finishing in the bunch) and gets no recognition, no thank you, no well done, nothing. This is how, in spite of the talk, CSA carry out their growth strategy to encourage a higher standard among women in SA. The problem goes to the core of the belief system that women don't really belong on bicycles, rather in the pannekoek stand. If there is not enough competition, performance criteria should be set out (eg winning elite lady + 10% time - or whatever).

A classic is all about theĀ elite category (men and women), all other categories are side shows,Ā because there is a demand from the cycling population to categorise the race into age groups other than elite.Ā 

you can compare our classics to the euro spring classics where there is just the "open elite" race, here in rsa the organisers accomodate the various age categories and fun ride sections because it covers their costs and sponsorship funds and there isn't an oversupply of elite racing cyclists as in Europe.Ā Ā Ā Ā 

how many people worldwide watch the ladies tour de france? unfortunately its a reality that ladies cycling isnt as well watched as mens cycling.

Ā 

more viewers = more prize money.

Ā 

Ā 

as good as the ladies are, they will never get the same prize money as men. And its not only cycling.

Ā 

how much do lady golfers earn vs men? running? tennis?