Coolheat - Supply chain debate

markStockton

Go to Solomons. Achtar is very accomodating - sure he can help you out.

These guys are seriously cheap with there products. Called them for a price 3 weeks ago and they quoted R750 compaired to R1250 for a certain product.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Di, please post or PM the their contact details as it looks like I'm buying a spare d?railleur because the Shimano agents are a bunch of incompetent #@$%ers.  

Hey Mark as others have said there aint much 'servicable' on most Shimano rear derailleurs so what were you after huh?

Hey Mark as others have said there aint much 'servicable' on most Shimano rear derailleurs so what were you after huh?

Compliments of the season BB. I'm sorted, Graham found a st uffed XT d?railleur and stripped the parts we needed out of it and repaired mine. Wink

The parts required where the mounting bolt and the collar. 

And to you my good man! Glad you're sorted ..........

I must say I'm relieved as I think I'm in for a chain set on Kurt's GT soon. 

Dee....... The man's name is ARSHAD DOCKRAT.

hmmm..... woodmead dude? Could swear he said Achtar. Will check later -his card is in my car.

Solomons in WOODMEAD??????? Het jy alweer sonner 'n helmet gery en geval??????? Solomons is in Pretoria Noord skattie!!!!!!!

solomons just opened new branch in Woodmead - FINALLY!!!!!!!!

Can you blame them? It's Shimano. Hence disposable. Chuck away and buy a new one smiley1.gif

Jokes aside' date=' the bike shops can't easily bypass Coolheat because they need them for little things.

Also, I don't think Solomons bypasses agents. They are able to give good deals because they buy up old stock from agents at bargain prices. It says something about the cycling mentality that a certain part, which may even work better than a newer part, sells for half the price because it's a bit dated. [/quote']

Jules, please tell me where I can get spares for Campagnolo MTB rear derraileurs, or for that matter Road rear Derraileurs. I have three broken ones at home.

You have Campagnolo in your home!!!!!Shocked i'm shocked but very impressed, even though theya rte broken LOL
madmarc2009-01-07 03:24:39

Achtar is something they eat. His name is Arshad!! smiley4.gif

Achtar is something they eat. His name is Arshad!! smiley4.gif

Nope Atchar is something you eat LOL. Achtar is the guy at Solomons in Woodmead .

Di' date=' please post or PM the their contact details as it looks like I'm buying a spare d?railleur because the Shimano agents are a bunch of incompetent #@$%ers.  
[/quote']

Started a topic specially for you lot! Confused Surprised Kurtis has not shared these details - he called for them the other day!! LOL

Mark i am surprised that you were not assisted with spare parts for your Shimano rear derailer and would like to know some facts.What is the exact part number of your rear derailer??IE RDM970SGS or RDM960 etc etc.For your information we have over 8000 small parts in stock and can assist most claims that we are informed about .You are more than welcome to call our offices or email me directly if you do not receive total satisfaction with either our service or products.

rgds sm

Mark i am surprised that you were not assisted with spare parts for your Shimano rear derailer and would like to know some facts.What is the exact part number of your rear derailer??IE RDM970SGS or RDM960 etc etc.For your information we have over 8000 small parts in stock and can assist most claims that we are informed about .You are more than welcome to call our offices or email me directly if you do not receive total satisfaction with either our service or products.

rgds sm

I don't want to be funny, but it is way to late. I've bought and fitted another d?railleur (sadly not SRAM but XT). However I was there when ##### from the ########### called yourselves with these details only to be told later that you do not stock the part.

Probably a win, win for yourselves as I ended up buying a new item. Angry

Sadly smooth talking after the fact doesn't make the experience any more pleasant. The point being that when required to, Coolheat could not backup their own product!!!

markStockton2009-01-14 04:53:23

What concerns me relates to the pricing structure of locally backed Shimano products.

I wanted 105 shifters and was quoted approx R3800.00 retail, discounted to around R3100 by my LBS.

Chain reaction - R1350.00 + VAT.

Including an Easton Handlebar, Bar Tape,  shipping VAT etc etc. The whole lot cost me R2200.00. 

As for warranty - i can buy a whole extra set and still have some change to spare!  Chain reaction also sells the levers separate.

How are the local shops meant to compete when in some cases its cheaper for them to buy from Chain reaction as well.

Mark, my personal experience with Coolheat was good. I had a problematic DC lever. My LBS offered to remove it and have Coolheat pick it up and take a look. As I was busy with a contract round the corner from Coolheat I removed it myself and popped in after having phoned them first.

Given a new lever no questions asked and a little bottle of mineral oil to top up the fluid.

Dirtbreath2009-01-13 23:39:07