Team Kit I don't get it

DeltaOscar

Team Kit. I don't get it.

Why do overweight weekend warriors have to deck themselves out in full team kit.

In fact why would anyone, who isn't being paid to?

I have one jersey with advertising on it, it's black and says Bianchi across the back. I got it free when I bought a Bianchi.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it still ok for me to ride in my old team kit? I mean they don't sponsor me anymore, and the kit is still fine... In fact I have some kit from teams that are no defunct, is that ok? A quick look through my cycling wardrobe will find almost only ex-sponsors kit, I have very little kit I paid for...

The same as the overweight oompie sitting infront of his TV watching the rugby in his Springbok jersey and the millions of drunken Man U (spit) supporters that wear their shirts during each game. It's called support.

The same as the overweight oompie sitting infront of his TV watching the rugby in his Springbok jersey and the millions of drunken Man U (spit) supporters that wear their shirts during each game. It's called support.

underwire or not ?

Is it still ok for me to ride in my old team kit? I mean they don't sponsor me anymore' date=' and the kit is still fine... In fact I have some kit from teams that are no defunct, is that ok? A quick look through my cycling wardrobe will find almost only ex-sponsors kit, I have very little kit I paid for... [/quote']

Check my post "why would anyone not paid to".

So you're still giving exposure to people who are not paying you to anymore? Your choice of course. I'm just trying to understand the need to dress up like a pro, look like a tarts handbag, advertise products/services which are unavailable in SA, when there are other options.

To me it's like going to the indoor kart track in Lewis Hamilton replica nomex suit with Lewis Hamilton replica helmet, gloves and boots.

You'd get laughed at, real hard. 

If it's your own team kit then cool, but in my opinion riding in replica pro team kit like CSC or Quickstep is for posers. Just my 2c worth.

I think it's perfectly fine. The thing is, what else must they wear?

Unbranded kit looks really cr@p unless it's Assos or Vermarc (although Cape Storm stuff's pretty reasonable looking)

@TNT1 I think it's fine to wear old team kit, I wear my old team kit all the time, it's 'retro' Wink

But some of us make team kit look good Wink

you could make a hessian sack look goodWink

on team kit, why not? football fans wear their fave teams' jerseys.

p70 i agree,wear whatever you like.Anyway i love passing "team riders" as it makes me feel really fast.

P.s.i wear black-it just matches my bike

crackajack2009-01-08 03:00:30

Oh yes, one thing I must mention... World Champ replica kit is a big no no in my eyes. The fact that it's even sold is not cool at all!

The only person who should have the right to wear that kit is the World Champ (in what ever category that is -b.t.w. Cathy Carstens you're fine Wink)

I remember last December, every time we road past this bloke in his Paolo B World Champion kit we'd all scream "Hey Paolo!!!"

PS. How cool does his kit look here:

20090108_025816_Bettini_califor.jpg

I hope you don't say that I am not allowed to wear my yellow top. It's got no logos on it so can in no way be connected to any team. And the fact that it's yellow has got nothing to do with the TdF. I just wear it because it is bright and safe®.

Team Kit. I don't get it.

Maybe they took your address down wrong, or it got pinched in the post;

maybe you're not in the team & no-one wanted to say?

But some of us make team kit look good Wink

you could make a hessian sack look goodWink

on team kit' date=' why not? football fans wear their fave teams' jerseys.
[/quote']

HR... Have you seen something and not sharing?  Tongue

If you like the team... Wear the kit.. The sponsor get more advertising time and can support the sport for longer.