Ugliest bike(s) ever, Raleigh M650 and M350

Guest Big H

These must be the ugliest bikes ever with a frame made out of BOX tubing..... yup that IS square tubing!!!!!!! Rectangular nogal en lelik soos die hel alleen!!!!! My child will rather walk than being seen on one of these!!!!!!

Originally yes .... I think........ and maybe it is the reason why the kempekker MTB groupset failed so dismally!!!!!!!!

you'll have to post a pick... I've never seen one before and they dont seem to exist on the raleigh.co.za website

They do, if you look under this link  http://www.raleigh.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=51&Itemid=71   It is only a side view and the absolute hideousness cannot be seen. Check it out at the local Raleigh LBS. The one where I saw them said they are "" Slow movers"" Wunner why!!!!!!

morewood's used square tubes for a while now, they don't look too bad at all....

http://www.morewoodbikes.com/images/bikes-2007/shova-st/full-shova-st.gif

Those tubes on the Morewood are NOT square, they are round tubes with flattened sides. The tubes on the Raleighs are RECTANGULAR SQUARE tubing!!!!!! I am sure they use these tubes to make the frame narrower. The structural integrity of a round pipe is much better than a suare tube a rectangular  tube is a bit better than square tubing. I am sure they got the square tubing from a steel yard that went bankrupt!!!!!!!!

Talking about frames, square, round, carbon whatever........has anyone ever tried to make a frame from really hard plastic...may sound like a stupid question but surely plastic is lighter than carbon...then again what the hell do i know?

doesn't look that bad, but a picture doesn't always tell the real story. will have to see the real thing.  

muxman, I'm not gonna do the caps / lowercase thing. But anyway, plastic is not strong. The vibration and shaking will take it aparts in one ride, and even the sun damage it quite quickly. So, don't think it will make it as a bicycle frame.
cervelo2007-02-02 00:01:00

I actually saw someone at Barberton riding one of those Raleighs, butt ugly.

That Shova frame bears a striking resemblance to the Superlight !

Havn't seen a plastic frame, but have seen pictures of a handmade bamboo frame with carbon lugs

Ja those are really hideous, let down further by their choice of groupset.

Components:

18-Speed Shimano Gear System

Lightweight Alloy Rims

Linear Braking System

Quick Adjust Seat Lever

Quick Release Front Hub

I beg to differ, but this is the ugliest production frame ever...Kirk Precision...

http://www.firstflightbikes.com/Kirk.jpg