Ladies weight loss vs men weight loss

sorry... my post did not function right.

what weighs more a ton of feathers or a ton of bricks? Muscle weighs the same as fat. You are likely converting fat to muscle. I had the same problem. I just been to a dietician so I live in hope that eating correctly is the solution. I suggest you see a sports dietician or nutritionist

You are wrong. We are not talking about 1kg muscle vs 1kg fat. We are talking about a certain volume of tissue of one kind' date=' versus the same volume of tissue of another kind. 10cm3 muscle vs 10cm3 fat... The muscle will be heavier.
[/quote']

My appologies. I thought you were refering to weight not volume.

I really enjoy the cycling but the kilo's aren't dropping! Is this normal?

Don't be bothered about the kg issue. Eat healthy and train as much as you feel like. As long as you lose centimeters around problem areas (if you have any) you're winning. 

How good you look in a short dress/tight pants, is what counts. No one says, Hi what's your name and how much do you weigh?

don't eat as much as your husband, even if you do the same number of miles, you still have less musclemass and therefore a slower metabolism!

I got a coach, started a training program, and went to a dietician. Picked up 3 kgs in 6 weeks Unhappy Have managed to lose the 3kgs but it hasn't been easy. I have lost some centimeters though. Men do seem to have it easier thanks to having more muscle. Stick at it.

My husband and I started cycling 6 months ago to get fit and loose some weight. In the process we got hooked' date=' bought better mtbikes, gear etc.

Thing is, he is loosing a lot of weight while I picked up weight. We try to eat as healthy as possible and cycle at least 6days a week. I really enjoy the cycling but the kilo's aren't dropping! Is this normal?
[/quote']

you can read my last 2 blogs on www.bikemaxpower.com Ladies, Rev Up Your Engines and Training and Energy it may answer some of your questions.

ditch the scales and judge yourself on how your clothes fit. it's depressing when you see muscle build up and the number on the scale doesn't necessarily decrease as one expects fiasm2009-01-13 03:54:17

Dear Smile and Wave  - this isn't going to cheer you up but - I've been cycling recreationally for 5 years and I've never been able to loose weight from cycling - only to keep it at bay. I always have to do some work on the food intake side to get weight off. 

My husband on the other hand looses weight every year in the run-up to the Argus but the you have to look at the mileage and intensity at which he trains - I would never be able to sustain that - even if I gave up my job.

In fact most normal people are simply not genetically predisposed to that level and intensity of training on the upper side of the 40's.

I was a couch potatoe before I took up cycling so I cannot speak for the 20 and 30 somethings

But do keep it up - I've never felt better 5 years on

what weighs more a ton of feathers or a ton of bricks? Muscle weighs the same as fat. You are likely converting fat to muscle. I had the same problem. I just been to a dietician so I live in hope that eating correctly is the solution. I suggest you see a sports dietician or nutritionist

you read this in a book did you?
zeepee2009-01-13 06:07:38

No, just logical. LOL

Just keep in mind that you body type determines to which type of exercise your body responds better. Your body might respond better to weight training so you'll have to incorporate some of that into your routine.

Where is Spud these days? I like his male/female weight loss story. Says when he got divorced he got rid of 53kgs of undesirable female weight...

Nee Di CPD, nie heeltemal so logies soos mens sou dink nie! Jy's doodreg dat 'n kilogram vet net soveel weeg soos 'n kilogram spiere - baie logies.

Maar 'n kilogram vet sal 'n baie groter volume beslaan as 'n kilogram spiere. Ek sal eerder 78kg weeg wat uit spiere bestaan as 78kg wat 70% vet is.

Dis fisiologies onmoontlik om vet om te skakel in spiere en andersom.

No' date=' just logical. LOL
[/quote']

*slap my forehead*................Confused

• 3 weeks later...

Females hold weight and water for a lot longer then males do, that is why you have not dropped weight yet and he id dropping first. It will drop soon...just remember to increse the repitions and drop the weights to small ones.