Kremetart 2009

Cheetah

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hoping to be there again this year...

Spinnekop you mentioned last year there was another spot you stayed over at, is it better than at the highschool?

Spinnekop you mentioned last year there was another spot you stayed over at' date=' is it better than at the highschool?

[/quote']

Will send some details when I get them.

Very nice.  We were 3 families staying over and still had 3 double beds spare!! 

Don't know about the bar and the food.....was too tired to check it out...EmbarrassedBig%20smile

Spinnekop you mentioned last year there was another spot you stayed over at' date=' is it better than at the highschool?

[/quote']

Will send some details when I get them.

Very nice.  We were 3 families staying over and still had 3 double beds spare!! 

Don't know about the bar and the food.....was too tired to check it out...EmbarrassedBig%20smile

So was 1Hill LOL

If all goes well the missus and I should be there on our tandem along with our entourage. We are planning on doing the 70km route.

The last time we stayed there we slept over in tents at the cloud's End hotel. The weather wasn't too cold, but the rain put a damper on things. We hoping to stay at highschool this year. That way we won't have kart half the garage withBig%20smile

You right scotty i never even drank the free beer;-), this year i should be stronger...lol wishfull thinking i love suffering.

From the creamy tart my wife and I will leave for the KP for 7 days.... lekka....and scotty will have the honour of having a decent bike on his car's tail (merida 907) bringing it back to egoli.. Thumbs%20Up

Somebody got their link for B&B in LT?

If all goes well the missus and I should be there on our tandem along with our entourage. We are planning on doing the 70km route.

The last time we stayed there we slept over in tents at the cloud's End hotel. The weather wasn't too cold' date=' but the rain put a damper on things. We hoping to stay at highschool this year. That way we won't have kart half the garage withBig%20smile
[/quote']

Are you planning to stay at the girls hostel in town? We stayed there last year and ended up taking just as much as we would've with camping.(except for the tent). Own blankets,pillows,towels, cutlery, the list goes on... they did not have catering, but was convenient close to the start.

I was told that the Caravan Park is very cold at night - anyone have experience of this? Last year we stayed at Medike which was stunning but way toooo far from the festivities. This year we want to stay at the carav an park. Is this a good idea?

Stayed there in a tent for the last two races. Tent is one of those thin "Game Specials". Did not get too cold (although the missus complained a bit, maybe I must give her the -2 Sleeping bag, and I'll sleep under the duvetWinkWink)

Showers after the race is the only negative.

the hostel is pretty cool close to the start, only problem, if you want to get a good nights rest in before the race, and others down the corrodor feel like boozing it up, you not going to sleep(take ear plugs)