The Fast One

slowpoke

Why would the faster rider even remotely consider listening to the slower tandem rider........

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

O brother.....you bunch can moan on a Monday!!!!

Good race.  I enjoyed it.  HARD work...but very enjoyable!!

To Bulkpack.......thanks for bringing the race to us.  You guys flashed that secret weapon a LOT!  Nasty.
J......selftan lotion.....or stop training with your arm and leg warmers dude!!

To MTN that won the Vets.....lucky shot.....Wink

Well done!

Slowpoke.

You want to DQ the white line crossers?  Go for it.  You kill ALL the racing groups.
Ladies, Elites, VA, VB, VC, VD, Tandems.

What's left is the guys with your mentality and outlook.  Ride to finish before 17:00.  Not necessarily a bad thing but it sort of defeats the object of it being a RACE.....

Easy answer.  Rolling closure.  The commissar that has some know how will do this and no safety issues will be worried about.......

Spidy where you in VA? Who chased the break? I really thought we where away with Craig (BPM) Labuscagne Bro (not sure which one, I still have to learn. (Toyota) and Club 100 rider (sorry don't know who he is, but is really strong) OB (DQ'ed out of race 15km into the break) and me (VWE Finishline). We had 1min at the Henley turn.

Anyways, I really enjoyed my first outing in VA and looking forward to mixing it up this year.

To Bulkpack.......thanks for bringing the race to us.  You guys flashed that secret weapon a LOT!  Nasty.

Don't worry, worked on my tan a bit yesterday... Will try train a  bit more when the suns out Big%20smile or you could all just wear welding helmets, that shuold protect the eyes Cool

Hey Eldron...was a pleasure meeting/suffering with you!

That was a pretty cool ride, I must admit.

The one thing that bugged me...how many people in groups like M, N, Q and the like have following cars? I lost count of cars sitting following right behind their loved ones and getting in the way of all the cyclists. Its ridiculous and should not be allowed(I'm sure its not)

But otherwise it was a good fun day! nicely organised, well marked and a good event. Although I am sure RHEMA south's congregation were being taught a lesson in patience!! Ha ha!!

Spidy where you in VA?

Was lurking there yes.  Big%20smile

Who chased the break? I

Nobody....think you guys just slowed down.....Wink

really thought we where away with Craig (BPM) Labuscagne Bro (not sure which one' date=' I still have to learn. (Toyota) and Club 100 rider (sorry don't know who he is, but is really strong) [/quote']

Yes.....we (TCS) was fast asleep and missed the break.....Cry  And a fine break it was......Clap

OB (DQ'ed out of race 15km into the break) and me (VWE Finishline). We had 1min at the Henley turn.

Why was he DQed?  LOLLOLLOL

Or should I not even ask??  LOLLOL

Anyways' date=' I really enjoyed my first outing in VA and looking forward to mixing it up this year.
[/quote']

VA's are FUN!!  Welcome.........Wink

Don't worry' date=' worked on my tan a bit yesterday... Will try train a  bit more when the suns out Big%20smile or you could all just wear welding helmets, that shuold protect the eyes Cool
[/quote']

Wink

Don't worry......most of the time we could not see you sitting 1km in front of the bunch....LOLClap

And its hard to focus with bleeding eyes.....

Speeking of Focussing........Pitty Focus opted to race the 35-39 cat.....easy group for a bunch of pro's........Wink

Hey Eldron...was a pleasure meeting/suffering with you!

That was a pretty cool ride' date=' I must admit.

The one thing that bugged me...how many people in groups like M, N, Q and the like have following cars? I lost count of cars sitting following right behind their loved ones and getting in the way of all the cyclists. Its ridiculous and should not be allowed(I'm sure its not)

But otherwise it was a good fun day! nicely organised, well marked and a good event. Although I am sure RHEMA south's congregation were being taught a lesson in patience!! Ha ha!!
[/quote']

Right back at ya Grey!

Agreed! The "leap frogging" cars were the worst - remember the guy in the white bakkie with HUGE trailer that overtook us like 5 times? A vehicle that large with a trailer that long makes it very difficult for vehicles trying to over take... Crazy situation.

On the RHEMA issue - it's OK - Ray Maccy already hates us - didn't he say the 94.7 stopped worshippers from lining his pockets church seats??

Ray Mac should start cycling and work off his weight! I dunno how long we were stoppped waiting for those cars to cross over?

Eldron, there was that white bakkie with the trailer for bikes, the white VITO, the black Dodge and a couple others that were sitting in the lane right behind the cyclists they were following. I must admit, I did think that you were gesturing for the DODGE to come through and pace! Very funny!

Did anyone see the dude with the Giant in the Vets bunch with the NEW Dura Ace Grouppo on......Very nice bling!!!

What a race, Lots of wind especially if you stay on the left of the line.

I did a lot of pacing in the second half B group.

Who was the TB marshal with Pink rims, She was with the B bunch all the way, "Thanks for your patience and keeping us safeClap"

Did anyone see the dude with the Giant in the Vets bunch with the NEW Dura Ace Grouppo on......Very nice bling!!!

I also saw a dude with a white Super Six and the latest 11 speed Record Gruppo .....

Guest Michelle

Smile thanks SB had a great performance from our Club 100 30+ vets team today...Thumbs%20Up

Pity about your team manager Dead

I also saw a dude with a white Super Six and the latest 11 speed Record Gruppo .....

Talk ***, you looked broken at the finish, I can't believe you could even see straight nevermind identifying grouppos!

Talk ***' date=' you looked broken at the finish, I can't believe you could even see straight nevermind identifying grouppos!
[/quote']

At the start I am always fresh ... the gruppos all look the same at the finish .... even the chicks look the same!!