Advice Needed

noclue

I have been offered a 2005 Specialized Epic M4 Mountain Bike for R8 000 by a mate. Looks in good condition. He has 2 and has offered me one. I think its all stock standard parts and if so, is this a reasonably good deal?

Can't, he is using it, its a 2006 model. I am new to Mountain Biking and he just offered it to me to get me going. It may well be too much for me but if its a good deal then i will go for it...............he has been my mate for 15 years, he won't do me in!

..............he has been my mate for 15 years' date=' he won't do me in![/quote']

Then why are you asking for advice?

Sounds like a good deal, I would take it, just make sure that the drivetrain, brakes etc... are in good nic, after 3 years of riding you may need to replace some bits, which could push the cost up

Depends on the condition, km's of all the parts and also what components are installed (xt, xtr?) 

Is it the dual suspension or hard tail?

IMO i would beat him down at least another 1000ZAR's

well seeing as the bike prices of new bikes have gone up 20-30 % i figure if the bikes in reasonable condition and is the right size for u, then it's an awesome bike to get. Specialized bikes ride very well. I reckon u cant go wrong.

Just nice to hear other opinions too.............stop being a smart arse

geez, you are sensitive. justified question IMO.

Just nice to hear other opinions too.............stop being a smart arse

If you are married why don't you ask your wife for her opinion.  she gives it in any caseWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWink

If you ask for opinions, you don't seem sure of the deal yourself...... use it don't use it