Paul Kimmage

linnega

I read Kimmage's book about 10 years ago' date=' and was left with the impression that he was a bit of a whiner, not particularly talented and resorted to doping because everyone else was doing it.

Even when he doped he couldn't hack it.
[/quote']

i think he admits as much in the book. been a long time since i read it too.

go read it again - he used amphetemines 3 times in crits and was amazed at the effect it has on his performance.

also go and read "Bad Blood" by Jeremy Whittle. but if you'r a Lance disciple then nothing you will read will make a difference

i meant the being "not particularly talented" bit. 

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest colonel

If I remember correctly LA Contributes a large sum on money every year to WADA to help them financially.

If I remember correctly LA Contributes a large sum on money every year to WADA to help them financially.

So there you have it. They must be completely impartial.

TNT12009-02-16 04:45:51

about as impartial as Zim's judiciary

kinda ironic that wada and the uci were used to obtain the "proof" that unearthed lance's 1999 samples.

I read Kimmage's book about 10 years ago' date=' and was left with the impression that he was a bit of a whiner, not particularly talented and resorted to doping because everyone else was doing it.

Even when he doped he couldn't hack it.
[/quote']

i think he admits as much in the book. been a long time since i read it too.

go read it again - he used amphetemines 3 times in crits and was amazed at the effect it has on his performance.

also go and read "Bad Blood" by Jeremy Whittle. but if you'r a Lance disciple then nothing you will read will make a difference

So if I write anything other than hate for LA, i'm a disciple?

And I've read both books.

Kimmage even on amphetimines couldn't hack it, just became bitter and miserable.

kinda ironic that wada and the uci were used to obtain the "proof" that unearthed lance's 1999 samples.

Another fantastic "fact", thats a good disclaimer there Colonel "If I remember correctly"

<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

?If I remember correctly LA Contributes a large sum on money every year to WADA to help them financially.?

LA and WADA have been at each others throats on numerous occasions so I dont see why he would give them money.

Quote from WADA website:

For the first two full years of operation (2000?2001), WADA was funded in entirety by the Olympic Movement; a total of US$18.3 million. The IOC made this decision to allow governments appropriate time to get budgetary approvals for their 50 percent contribution. In January 2002, the agreed co-funding of WADA began with Governments providing 50 percent and the Olympic Movement 50 percent.

Another fantastic "fact"' date=' thats a good disclaimer there Colonel "If I remember correctly"

?If I remember correctly LA Contributes a large sum on money every year to WADA to help them financially.?

LA and WADA have been at each others throats on numerous occasions so I dont see why he would give them money.

Quote from WADA website:

For the first two full years of operation (2000?2001), WADA was funded in entirety by the Olympic Movement; a total of US$18.3 million. The IOC made this decision to allow governments appropriate time to get budgetary approvals for their 50 percent contribution. In January 2002, the agreed co-funding of WADA began with Governments providing 50 percent and the Olympic Movement 50 percent.

[/quote']

if i remember correctlyWink, he does donate to the usada?

Lance does fund or has funded anti doping agencies:

Armstrong gave money for anti-doping fight

Six-time

Tour de France champion Lance Armstrong quietly gave money to the UCI

to help in the fight against doping. According to a report by

Eurosport, Armstrong gave the UCI a ?fair amount of money? several

years ago to help discover new anti-doping methods.

?This is not my position or my modus operandi to advertise what I

do,? Armstrong told Eurosport. ?So, if I've donated money to the UCI to

combat doping, step up controls and to fund research, it is not my job

to issue a press release. That's a secret thing, because it's the right

thing to do.

Armstrong

wouldn?t disclose the amount of money or what it was specifically spent

on. UCI president Hein Verbruggen told the European sports channel

about the donation a few years back and Armstrong finally confirmed the

reports to reporters.

http://velonews.com/article/7914

Armstrong puts extra money into anti-doping

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2005/jul05/jul01news3

Lance does fund or has funded anti doping agencies:

The finer details guys pleez Wink Colonel was refering to WADA, not the ****en UCI / USAAD.

UCI / USAAD =  yes, quite commendable of LA, there's no ending to his quest for justice Clap

WADA = Uhrmmm...if i remember correctly ummmm....Embarrassed scamper....

SwissVan2009-02-16 06:34:50

The big problem with cycling is that it is a TEAM sport with individual rewards.

This being so, means that the team captain or favourite can be kept clean, while the rest of the team are creative amateur pharmacists.  What the public sees is the clean smile on the podium, and not the dirt that got him there.

Furthermore, if a team is focused on winning the GC and not the team competition, then some sacrifices are made in terms of the team mates.  Also if the team leader (star) is focused on the win, he can bet very demanding and unpleasant when his underlings start developing ambitions of their own.

Although there is only speculation on LA's pharmacutical habits, most of his inner circle, Heras, Hamilton Landis, ext have all been caught out for doping.  It seems that LA's magic turns bad if you part company with him.

The big problem with cycling is that it is a TEAM sport with individual rewards.

This being so' date=' means that the team captain or favourite can be kept clean, while the rest of the team are creative amateur pharmacists.  What the public sees is the clean smile on the podium, and not the dirt that got him there.

Furthermore, if a team is focused on winning the GC and not the team competition, then some sacrifices are made in terms of the team mates.  Also if the team leader (star) is focused on the win, he can bet very demanding and unpleasant when his underlings start developing ambitions of their own.

Although there is only speculation on LA's pharmacutical habits, most of his inner circle, Heras, Hamilton Landis, ext have all been caught out for doping.  It seems that LA's magic turns bad if you part company with him.
[/quote']

Objection your Honour!

The statement assumes facts not in evidence.

"means that the team captain or favourite can be kept clean, while the rest of the team are creative amateur pharmacists".

Objection your Honour!

The statement refers to the obvious.

Road cycle racing  (duh...)

"Furthermore, if a team is focused on winning the GC and not the team competition, then some sacrifices are made in terms of the team mates.  Also if the team leader (star) is focused on the win, he can bet very demanding and unpleasant when his underlings start developing ambitions of their own".

Objection your Honour!

The statement is based on speculation.

"Although there is only speculation on LA's pharmacutical habits"

Objection your Honour!

The statemet smells like Bull sh*t contradiction, some of these (Hamilton, Landis) are team leaders who as per statement 1 above dont have to dope?

Anyway how can the defendent be responsible for FORMER team mates actions?

"most of his inner circle, Heras, Hamilton Landis, ext have all been caught out for doping.  It seems that LA's magic turns bad if you part company with him"

This being so' date=' means that the team captain or favourite can be kept clean, while the rest of the team are creative amateur pharmacists.? What the public sees is the clean smile on the podium, and not the dirt that got him there.

Furthermore, if a team is focused on winning the GC and not the team competition, then some sacrifices are made in terms of the team mates.? Also if the team leader (star) is focused on the win, he can bet very demanding and unpleasant when his underlings start developing ambitions of their own.

Although there is only speculation on LA's pharmacutical habits, most of his inner circle, Heras, Hamilton Landis, ext have all been caught out for doping.? It seems that LA's magic turns bad if you part company with him.
[/quote']

?

Objection your Honour!

"means that the team captain or favourite can be kept clean, while the rest of the team are creative amateur pharmacists".

?

?

Objection your Honour!

Road cycle racing ?(duh...)

"Furthermore, if a team is focused on winning the GC and not the team competition, then some sacrifices are made in terms of the team mates.? Also if the team leader (star) is focused on the win, he can bet very demanding and unpleasant when his underlings start developing ambitions of their own".

?

Objection your Honour!

?

Objection your Honour!

The statemet?smells like?Bull sh*t contradiction, some of these (Hamilton, Landis)?are team leaders who as per statement 1 above dont have to dope?

Anyway how can the defendent be responsible for?FORMER team mates actions?

"most of his inner circle, Heras, Hamilton Landis, ext have all been caught out for doping.? It seems that LA's magic turns bad if you part company with him"

?

?

you are getting close to contempt, mr swissvan. another outburst like that, and i'll have you removed from this court.

If this is about Kimmage, please recall his anecdote about the time he met his hero, Sean Kelly, in a sauna. After his introductions he and Kelly sat in increasingly more unpleasant conditions until it became unbearable. Kelly then asked him:"Have you ever felt like this in a race?" Kimmage rattled on about some or other mountain-top finish in one of his tours and how he was delirious in the heat/dehydration etc. He then asked Kelly "Have you ever felt like this?"

To which Kelly replied "Every race".

I suppose that's what separates winners from losers irrespective of whether or not they doped.

This being so' date=' means that the team captain or favourite can be kept clean, while the rest of the team are creative amateur pharmacists.  What the public sees is the clean smile on the podium, and not the dirt that got him there.

[/quote']

Objection your Honour!

Objection your Honour!

Road cycle racing  (duh...)

"Furthermore, if a team is focused on winning the GC and not the team competition, then some sacrifices are made in terms of the team mates.  Also if the team leader (star) is focused on the win, he can bet very demanding and unpleasant when his underlings start developing ambitions of their own".

Objection your Honour!

Objection your Honour!

The statemet smells like Bull sh*t contradiction, some of these (Hamilton, Landis) are team leaders who as per statement 1 above dont have to dope?

Anyway how can the defendent be responsible for FORMER team mates actions?

"most of his inner circle, Heras, Hamilton Landis, ext have all been caught out for doping.  It seems that LA's magic turns bad if you part company with him"

you are getting close to contempt, mr swissvan. another outburst like that, and i'll have you removed from this court.

Your Honour on the grounds of preventing further dissipation of valuable time, I herby respectively request that this case be purged from the court of the hub until the troll prosecution can provide indisputable evidence supporting their case, whereupon I will remove the subject in question motif from my wall, proceed to cut into small squares and use it for bathroom tissue.