Why I do Hill St Repeats!

I FLY

The previous post on Hill st repeats refers.

I live near the top of Northcliff hill and I was curious as to the altitude gain from Hill St back home as it always feels like a drag. The profile above shows why.

I seem to train hill clinbibg just to prevent the embaressment of having no legs on my way home. If we go home via Fredicks and Rockcliff then we end up climbing 600m.

My favourite little hill excersise. Dont stop till i hit 1000m Big%20smile

Best bit is that it starts 25meters from my house!

20070215_025510_hill_repeats.gif

I've done Hill Street repeats on a couple of occasions. A lot of cyclists stop at the robots at Judith and go back down, but all the times I've done we cross the robots and include that granny gear climb of a couple of hundred metres.

I've also done what we call Hill to Hill, climb to the top of Hill Street and then to the Water Tower on Northcliff.

What is the hill like up Golf Club Terrace (behind the Roodepoort Hyperama).  It's the road where the guy used to play the bagpipes in the Florida Flat One road race?  Is that quite tough to cycle up or is it not so bad?

yo Zaskar! How's the day looking? I didnt go out and ride this morning, I thought ill ride 2hrs tonight. You resting today or wanna go for a few hill repeats between Linksfield Ridge and that Paris Roubaix section up Sylvia this afternoon?

sweet man, ill make a plan to meet you later? what time? 16h00? 16h30?

after yesterday at work i need to get out early today!

top traffic circle on Silvias Pass?

anyone wanna join us?

stig, golf club is so easy we don't even bother with it anymore... ask MichH... WinkLOL

Thug, Hill str is not even a climb if you stop at those lights!

What is the hill like up Golf Club Terrace (behind the Roodepoort Hyperama).  It's the road where the guy used to play the bagpipes in the Florida Flat One road race?  Is that quite tough to cycle up or is it not so bad?

that is one b!tch of a hill - not that long,  but hard!

take it from down at the hyperama!

dr seuss, now why did you go tell him that???? here i was hoping that maybe i'd be able to convince him to join me for some hill repeats up there!

*mutter mutter*... now where to find a sucker......