Nix M2

Dare I say it...ok...PMS? 

ah, that's what we've been waiting to hear. that and the other side Wink

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Slave2Love, here is the clip from Bowling for Columbine. It's a great documentary. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90xJVOUuV-I

It's very easy to blame TV for the wrongs of mankind. It's not the cause though. Also, to blame advertising for anything? I don't get it. I see the pointlessness of advertising, and if you look at the philosophy of futurist Jacque Fresco he explains that technology is the primary driver of human advancement while politics, advertising, banks etc are irrelevant because they are not trained to solve problems. The problem with the World though is that in 1900 there were 1.65 billion people, and now we're sitting on 7 billion. We are all fighting for our own little space. Why then would one care if someone has a light on their bike? It's pathetic to say the least.

Cry

It is sad to read what happened here - I have learnt that never to even bother asking another cyclist: "where are your lights or helmet" - frankly speaking I really don't care.

The road is full of dangers & we should stick together but alas for some that prefer being moronic in attitude & character - good luck. As for me & "MY OWN WELLBEING & SAFETY" - shall be lit up/bright clothes/obey the rules & wear a helmet.

To each his own. Move on' date=' ride past & don't comment.

"DTThumbs%20Up"
[/quote']

the problem with that , in the case of cyclists jumping a robot, you keep quiet, motorists goes, 'these freakin cyclists don't stop', not 'cervelo jumped the red robot'... and ya, its part of cleaning up the public image of the sport. And if we can't even do that , expect many more to be hit by cars and road rage, cyclist rage, if you can call it that. Sad that we get people like that. Problbaly the same type of character that dopes that smacked the lady.

BTS. We can debate all sorts of reasons why the world is in it's current state. It is my opinion that TV, music, and advertising plays a large role in why were are in this state.

In the past, we would have a discussion around a dinner table with the family. We would discuss values, parents would teach their children.

Now we sit in front of a TV and absorb some BS about some people solving the worlds problemes by killing all the "baddies".

As fo rme, I'd rather go out and ride my bike, Eat my grub and then fartarse around in the garage.

Advertising just gives us the notion that we can have it all and we can have it now. IF we fit a certain brand of tyres, the car will never loose grip on the road, or the shocks will get us out of any emergency situation.

It is my opinion, and not neccessarily fact.

That the world is over populate is a fact. More cars on the roads and more cyclists and the road infrastructure is crumbling. I read somewhere a long time ago that by the time the M1 highway was completed, it was ten years behind already.

Basic human decency is to care for and to help our fellow human out. Basic human disrespect and indecency is to klap someone for their effort to help us out of our own stupidity.

But yeah, point taken, Next time I see some dude broken down with a puncture, I'll just leave him / her, because it's none of my F***ng business right?

Well, we came down from the trees... manpadda crept out of the sludge?

TNT12009-02-27 03:12:40

BTS. We can debate all sorts of reasons why the world is in it's current state. It is my opinion that TV' date=' music, and advertising plays a large role in why were are in this state.

In the past, we would have a discussion around a dinner table with the family. We would discuss values, parents would teach their children.

Now we sit in front of a TV and absorb some BS about some people solving the worlds problemes by killing all the "baddies".

As fo rme, I'd rather go out and ride my bike, Eat my grub and then fartarse around in the garage.

Advertising just gives us the notion that we can have it all and we can have it now. IF we fit a certain brand of tyres, the car will never loose grip on the road, or the shocks will get us out of any emergency situation.

It is my opinion, and not neccessarily fact.

That the world is over populate is a fact. More cars on the roads and more cyclists and the road infrastructure is crumbling. I read somewhere a long time ago that by the time the M1 highway was completed, it was ten years behind already.

Basic human decency is to care for and to help our fellow human out. Basic human disrespect and indecency is to klap someone for their effort to help us out of our own stupidity.

But yeah, point taken, Next time I see some dude broken down with a puncture, I'll just leave him / her, because it's none of my F***ng business right?
[/quote']

Here we go, the old morals and family values debate. I'm not paying anymore.

I never said don't help someone in need. That's an entirely different situation. Tell you what Slave2Love, next time you're out in that lifeless cesspit of a town you live in, at some random pub, probably Jolly Roger or Rats, stand at the door and ask for the keys of the drivers as they leave. Let's see how far this futile philanthropy gets you. Be sure to let us all know what ward you are in so we can send you flowers and as the 'hubbers' so eloquently put it "Strongs"!

Lets not twist the point here. The woman didn't exercise 'basic human decency'. She verbally abused two riders, she poked her nose into their business, and unfortunately got slapped. Now we can go around and around until the cows come home. The fact remains the same.

And read my post, I agreed with you on the advertising thing. They do create false wants and fuel consumerism. We've all been victims to it. The flipside though is that adverts create jobs. They help to sell products, which creates jobs too.

If you read my post, you would see that I maintained the approach was wrong. People are so selfish today that they only want help when it suits them. It's illegal to ridewithout a helmet, but don't go wasting your breath telling some w@nker that. You might just stop a smack, or a bullet.

But it's ok to stop and help same w@nker with a puncture. NO WAY dude. Can't have your cake and eat it. 

So, to clean up our act and improve our image, we just ignore the halfwits and dimwits around us and get tarred and feathered with the same brush and feathers.

Do me a favour and get real dude.  We have to clean up our image. There is no choice. So how do we do this with half brained F***wits who go about smacking women?

Granted, her appraoch was wrong, but the realaition was infintely worse. That can never be justified in any sane society.

Face it, the world sucks because attitudes suck. We either take help from all quarters or none at all. All cyclists have to pitch in to clean up our image.

S2L, stop being silly. You know very well there is a world of difference between verbally assaulting someone for doing what you think is wrong, and helping someone in need. You can choose your battles and how to fight them.

If you read my post' date=' you would see that I maintained the approach was wrong. People are so selfish today that they only want help when it suits them. It's illegal to ridewithout a helmet, but don't go wasting your breath telling some w@nker that. You might just stop a smack, or a bullet.

But it's ok to stop and help same w@nker with a puncture. NO WAY dude. Can't have your cake and eat it. 

So, to clean up our act and improve our image, we just ignore the halfwits and dimwits around us and get tarred and feathered with the same brush and feathers.

Do me a favour and get real dude.  We have to clean up our image. There is no choice. So how do we do this with half brained F***wits who go about smacking women?

Granted, her appraoch was wrong, but the realaition was infintely worse. That can never be justified in any sane society.

Face it, the world sucks because attitudes suck. We either take help from all quarters or none at all. All cyclists have to pitch in to clean up our image.

[/quote']

Do us all a favour and use the F7 key. That would make the World much less sucky. Thanks for your obtuse opinion though. I'll change my ways, I'll stroke a cat and help an old lady across the street as soon as possible.

Hey 'bust the whateva' you refer to my town as ' lifeless cesspit of a town ' again and I'll give you a smack around the chops twit!

You're right TNT, but at the end of the day, no matter how much the verbal abuse for doing something wrong, you just dn't hit women.

It is ijits like this that contrinute to give us a bad reputation. They create unnecessary risks for others and it's not right.

I'm now going to employ the F7 key.

Helmet - check. Lycra - check. Bike - check.

Outa here.

Slave' date=' hopefully you've seen 'bowling for Columbine'. If not, I suggest you do. Marilyn Manson makes a very good point about people who blame TV and media for the wrongs of mankind. The rest of your post is littered with meaningless points and you contradict yourself too. Anyway, the jist of wht you said is basically what is being rehashed here ad nausium, people must just mind their own business when out in public, and the 'lady' could easily have avoided the whole situation by taking the passive approach. Dare I say it...ok...PMS?  [/quote']

Absolute BS!! the biggest load of coward speak I have read, heard in a long time.

What you are suggesting is that people exactly as they do today.

See a child get knocked over by a taxi, look away because you don't want to get involved by taking down a license plate number. thats what you are saying.

witness domestic violencein progress, you're saying don;t intervene just let him kill her and then you won;t bother offering a statment because you don;t want to be involved.

Its this very mentality that has created the rot in our society. Please emigrate.

SA needs citizens who stand up for right, justice, the law, peace, harmony.

We bitch and moan about crime blah blah but when it happens we turn away and say it did'nt happen, I have nothing to offer!! COWARD!

You have the mentality of a COWARD!! COWARD!!< COWARD!! COWARD!!

Hey 'bust the whateva' you refer to my town as ' lifeless cesspit of a town ' again and I'll give you a smack around the chops twit!

Hey thats exactly the kind of abusive talk I'd expect from 'your' delightful wonderful inspiring cosmopolitan bustling vibrant city. It's my opinion BigBen. I'm entitled to it. If you don't agree then so be it. Throwing threats around, now THAT'S what this thread is all about. Time to clean up the image of cyclist? That was thrown around too.