Deplorable action by a cyclist this morning

Nix M2

They are cyclists..... creatures of habit..... wait for them with a baseball bat and blixem them...... and hope that sicknessinthebutt is caught in the crossfire as well!!!!!!!!! Big H2009-02-25 20:52:56

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is where I start to become emotional, and then to post is just wrong.

That said let's try to be clinical in the analysis .

Two cyclists ride without lights, lady asks in our local language, where their lights are.

They then decide to "teach"her a lesson. 

Were we not on the hub the other day, saying that we were to clean our own house before we start to judge others.

What these two cowards did was inexcusable,  I would not just have asked where their lights were I would have told them what I thought.

And then try and wack me,  I would hand out pain.  So to the two cowards my e mail address is here .  In fact all my details.  Pm me mail me.  I would like to know how you justify hitting a women.

Boetie ek sou JOU BLIKSEM.

I did not read every single post on this as it got very long very fast but my 2c...

Yes you don't hit anybody. Having said that

1 - How stupid must you be to cycle alone in the dark and then verbally assault strangers that out number you? I mean get real here, not even macho males can go out training alone these days.

2 - Why is it that females sometimes want to act like males but do not want to take the repercussions that might follow were you a male? Or are surprise if it happens? Shouting and swearing at somebody is something that I would expect from a male in our society (right or wrong does not matter). If a male does this to me there is sure to be some altercation, maybe physical. What make a female think the the same behavior for her should result in a different response? (Not that I would hit a female but not everybody is even tempered or well mannered)

I've found people dong stupid things ie riding without a helmet. I just turn and said 'hey dude wheres the lid? Do you know what pain you will have of you fell?' I did not go 'HEY f**kER WHERE's YOUR HELMET!!'

It really saddens me to think that when someone tries to point out to someone else their faults and/or wrong doing, they get hurt, BUT when people here find that this poor lady is in the wrong and should mind her own business, then I have to get down on my knees and ask the LORD to give you guys the inner peace you deserve!! GOD BLESS!!

I did not read every single post on this as it got very long very fast but my 2c...

1 - How stupid must you be to cycle alone in the dark and then verbally assault strangers that out number you? I mean get real here' date=' not even macho males can go out training alone these days.

2 - Why is it that females sometimes want to act like males but do not want to take the repercussions that might follow were you a male? Or are surprise if it happens? Shouting and swearing at somebody is something that I would expect from a male in our society (right or wrong does not matter). If a male does this to me there is sure to be some altercation, maybe physical. What make a female think the the same behavior for her should result in a different response? (Not that I would hit a female but not everybody is even tempered or well mannered)

I've found people dong stupid things ie riding without a helmet. I just turn and said 'hey dude wheres the lid? Do you know what pain you will have of you fell?' I did not go 'HEY f**kER WHERE's YOUR HELMET!!'

[/quote']

Trek jou kop uit jou dinges uit...... ek dink jy ly aan 'n gebrek van suurstof..... moet wees as jy soveel stront kan praat!!!!!!!

1 - How stupid must you be to cycle alone in the dark and then verbally assault strangers that out number you? I mean get real here' date=' not even macho males can go out training alone these days.

[/quote']

you know Chuck, you may not think that this comment is sexist, but it is.

Is it unlady-like to swear - F#$% that. I probably swear more than many men (good or bad, right or wrong)

1. who says swearing is a males domain?

2. why do people have to resort to violence? Does it hurt to be sworn at? or was it because they were caught out? Or because someone half their size was the one catching them out? What's that old addage "sticks and stones"

And let me clear one thing up, she first asked them were their lights were without swearing, and after being ignored, added our friend the F-word.

They were risking not only their own lives riding without lights, but hers too by blocking her rear light.

She asked them not to sit on her wheel so as not to block her light. If you are so hard core as to hit a woman, then you must be hard-core enough to not have to slip stream one.

I think based on some of the comments made here, we have too many men with a similar mentality.

If it was me, i would have made sure that i got a good description of the guy and reported him. people like that should not only get out of the cycling community, they should be put behind bars.

There is enough violence and crime in this country without having it happening amongst ourselves.

I've read most of the posts on this subject, and here's my 2c.

To the lady who was assaulted; don't ride alone, and if you see assholes riding without lights or helmets leave them alone, a motorist or trucker will most likely remove them from the gene pool anyway.

To the two big brave lads who assaulted the lady; shame on you two wife-beating Neanderthals. If she verbally abused you and you felt so strongly about it verbally abuse her back if that's what it takes to stroke your little egos, and then leave it. Or did assaulting her make you both hot and sweaty for each other?

To all those who support these apes behaviour; double shame on you small-cock dipsh*ts. Your wives, daughters, and mothers must be very proud of you all.

Every cyclist for himself, stop bugging idiots. If they want to be killed by a taxi from behind, or hit their head on the tar, let them bee.

As long as you and your cycling buddy keep safe and be traffic wise then your ok.

Every cyclist for himself' date=' stop bugging idiots. If they want to be killed by a taxi from behind, or hit their head on the tar, let them bee.

?

As long as you and your cycling buddy keep safe and be traffic wise then your ok.

?

?
[/quote']

100% with you there. But the sad thing is the lack of visibility will never be brought up when cyclists take up arms against the poor driver that killed the cyclist.

Every cyclist for himself' date=' stop bugging idiots. If they want to be killed by a taxi from behind, or hit their head on the tar, let them bee.

[/quote']

100% with you there. But the sad thing is the lack of visibility will never be brought up when cyclists take up arms against the poor driver that killed the cyclist.

Hey, manfrog, on page 6 or something I mis-quoted you saying about how we reserve judgment on these things till we know the hole story...

Interesting reading this post with comments, usually have 1 cup coffee in the morning, have had 2 now.

Chuck, I couldn't agree more. Unfortunately for you, you'll get flamed by the rest of the forum here. It's very low indeed that they hit this poor woman though. This is why I suggested that rather than try and be a policing hero, rather mind your own business when out in public places. There are all types of people out there, and it's better to just keep to yourself.

Lastly, I'm not hiding behind a forum name here. I stand by what I have said. For those who cannot READ BETWEEN THE LINES, the waterbottle comment was in JEST. It was to help the lynch mob to chill TF out. jees people. Buddha would not be proud if he read this...

[/quote']

Hey' date=' manfrog, on page 6 or something I mis-quoted you saying about how we reserve judgment on these things till we know the hole story...[/quote']

yes but people jump to conclusions first and only later when the whole story comes out they are sorry for their comments and actions.

I wonder if Jerry Springer is a member of the Hub?

I'm sure he could have shared some light on the situation...

[/quote']

Yes this is true, but then idiots should also stop bugging law abiding citizens. Next bloke that slips streams me at 5am in the morning without lights is going to get an ISP up his arese. And Yes I will take the the time to remove my Arione CX first. I don't want it smelling like sh*t.

Also if it's every cyclist for him/herself then the next person I see lying on the sideof the road I'll leave him there to die and be taken out with the trash. Oh hold on, it's my civic duty to help those in need...

5 flaming chillies to the lady for sticking up for whats right. Those guys were beaking the law by riding without lights. If we can find out their names I'd like to propose to PPA that they be named at the start of the Argus Cycle Tour in a weeks time.