Merida TFS 900 D

ChainSuck

Hi all,

I'm considering buying a Merida TFS 900 D, MTB. Do any of you have comments regarding this bike? Is it decent?

Your comments would be appreciated.

Yes' date=' they come from the same factory as Specilaized, the local agent is out in Springs. [/quote']

next time I see you Ouch

I have the 700-D and many (thousands of) satisfied Km.

* hi-jack on *

BB, did you get the mpFree?? The Jets...

* hi-jack off*

Frosty2009-02-26 05:21:02

I bought a Merida some months ago, previously ridden various top-end frames (S-Works for one).

Was very pessimistic, bought it because was available on shop floor and agent sells most Merida in Brazil, i.e. good after sales service.

I was amazed to say the least. This is a stunning bike. Read a comparitive test by Bike (german magazine) on test of high-end carbon HT.

Coming from this pedigree I believe your are making the right choice.

Btw between Giant and Merida they manufacture most bicycle frames under contract. Giant is generally believed to have to the most sofisticated factory in the world.

I bought the TFS 900 last week. Went riding Sat & Sun and I love it. Its got pretty much everything I need.........for now smiley1.gif

I bought the TFS 900 last week. Went riding Sat & Sun and I love it. Its got pretty much everything I need.........for now smiley1.gif

Ditto - bought mine last week too, and also went riding on Sat & Sun. Very impressed with the bike thus far!

SmileSmileSmile

• 1 month later...

I had the 900 now for about two months, cant complian about the bike to much. But today while out on a ride down some steep single track at speed I hit a log (nothing big and no big impact). This Caused the the back disc to grind quite badly. The axel was still on tightly and hadn't move, everything seems to be straight. I pulled the axel out and just let the rim spin freely on the frame (bike upside down) and the gringing stopped.

The problem I see occurs when the frame is pulled back to the rim from the axel.

Any advise?