Suikerbosrand Road Ride 1/03

Speed Racer

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

windy and hard ... epoh was obviously too fast' date=' we did not see him at all.[/quote']

Apologies, I did send Speedracer a text that I was not going to make it. I was supposed to get some work done on Saturday which did not happen so I had to get it done yesterday to get a head start with me going away for the Argus.

After the Argus we do that Circus/Suikerbos ride. Promise I wont bail again Embarrassed

And they thought you were fast LOLLOLLOL

Let me know when you guys are doing the Circus/ Suikerbos ride, I'll join in.

After the 120km's on Saturday I shat bricks in the reserve on Sunday, the wind was impossible and the dead legs didn't help to much either.

Anyways 2 laps next weekend Saturday for anyone who wants to join.

i was there yesterday too. 4 of us rode from alberton, did the loop and then headed home via the circus for a well deserved coke.

110km in total.

wind in the reserve was a shocker but the tail wind back to the circus was a pleasure.

how far does two laps equate to?

Bout 110km's, depends on the definition of 2 laps but if you do 2 proper laps it would be around 120km's

After my 111 k's on Saturday and the wind yesterday morning when I woke up, I decided to give all riding a miss. Sat around and home and got some home projects done. 

I am really miserable when I can't ride on both weekend days. I had such a long face I kept falling over my lip.

After the 120km's on Saturday I shat bricks in the reserve on Sunday' date=' the wind was impossible and the dead legs didn't help to much either.

Anyways 2 laps next weekend Saturday for anyone who wants to join.
[/quote']

Do you guys ride to Suikerbos or do you meet there ?

We get there at 7am when the gates open, then meet in the parking lot. Depending on the que at the gate you normally get started at around 07:20 and then bank on around 2:40 per lap.

We meet there, riding on the road to Suikerbos is a death wish waiting to happen. As the saying goes dumb, dumber and f'ing stupid.

2h40 for 60km? how tough is the route?

2:40 is actually fast for this course .... around 1100m ascent over 60km!!

Tough - never an easy ride in the reserve you are either going up or down. Not a place for the faint hearted and definately not a place to go if you are not fit.

sounds like fun really, not!

i always wonder why i get out of bed to suffer on a bicycle, but i do it again and again!