Arrest for traffic offenses...

AndreZA

I heard on the radio this morning that they, who ever "they" are, are gonna take stronger actions against traffic offenders, especially taxis. "They" will be allowed to arrest you on the spot for offenses like jumping red light, driving in the yellow (emergency) lane and general reckless and dangerous driving. Afriforum even encourage people take photographs of offenders and send it to them. They will then take it further.

20090312_004623_afriforum.jpg

Imagine if they do that on Hendrik Potgieter. The next morning there will be no more cars on it.

Calling on motorists to use their cell phones to get pics?

OK Cool,

Me: Here we go MR. Officer, this taxi was in the yellow lane and I got a pic on my cell phone, check it.

Officer: You have the right to remain silence...blah blah

Me: WTF?!?!?

Officer: You were using your cell phone while driving, sir.

End of the day, taxi driver gets away, and you sit with a hefty fine for using your cell phone while driving.

Calling on motorists to use their cell phones to get pics? OK Cool' date=' Me: Here we go MR. Officer, this taxi was in the yellow lane and I got a pic on my cell phone, check it.Officer: You have the right to remain silence...blah blahMe: WTF?!?!?Officer: You were using your cell phone while driving, sir.End of the day, taxi driver gets away, and you sit with a hefty fine for using your cell phone while driving.

[/quote']

from now on I'm driving with my full frame DSLR and 300mm 2.8 on my lap. It's not a cell phone, I can use it while driving.

Yeap, on the first two days 15 motorists in Joburg were taken in for driving on the wrong side of the road, jumping traffic lights etc 14 of them were taxis...

At the bottom of the ad the next ad reads.."Fatal accident: A 38 year old..."

This was a terrible incident that happened on saturday. A taxi, driving through Durbanville, burst a tyre and hit a fence.A baby, sitting on her mother's lap on the front seat, was thrown out the windshield and the taxi proceeded to drive over the 15 month infant, Killing him instantly.

The taxi driver has been charged with culpable homicide,driving without a lisence and driving an unroadworthy vehicle.

This is insane!!! How bad does a taxi related accident have to be before the govt. will do something?

I agree fully with the statement "deficient application of the law..."

Where i ride many taxis come flying past me way above the speed limit, and in ten years of riding that route i have only seen a traffic official once!!!

sorry...just had to release some pressure before i blow up...

crackajack2009-03-12 01:09:40

Gauteng Metro policeman pulled Sipho's car over and told him that because he  had been wearing his seat belt he had just won R5 000, in an Arrive Alive safety competition.

Sipho could hardly believe his luck.

'What are you going to do with your cash?' asked the traffic cop.

'Well I guess I'm going to get a drivers licence,' Sipho answered.

'Oh, don't listen to him,' yelled Dipuo in the passenger seat. 'He tries to be smart when he's drunk.'

This woke up Phineas in the back seat who took one look at the cop and

moaned, 'I knew we wouldn't get far in a stolen car.'

At that moment there was a knock from the boot and Precious shouts , 'Are we over the border yet?'

with this same story they spoke to some guy from the taxi ass. and he said it is nonsense that taxis are the casue of most of the road accidents, it's the public that causes more. He also says that taxis are targeted because they are black.

This could get very interesting....... Take photos of broken down taxis in the yellow lane and report it for driving in the yellow lane smiley4.gif The driver will have a hard time explaining why his taxi was there in the first place.          It's time that these taxis were taken head-on and shown that their lawless behaviour will no longer be tolerated

A baby' date=' sitting on her mother's lap on the front seat, was thrown out the windshield and the taxi proceeded to drive over the 15 month infant, Killing him instantly.

The taxi driver has been charged with culpable homicide,driving without a lisence and driving an unroadworthy vehicle.

[/quote']

They should lock the mother up while they are at it. WTF was the baby doing on he rlap in the firsr place? It's suppose to be in a baby seat stapped in on the back seat...

ClapClapSo i know what im doing this weekendClapClap,

me and my photographer friend with a lense than can see the the first layer of paint on a wall with ten layers in the next province will setouton a drive this weeend and ta a photo of every taxi(how many arn't in the wrong ok maybe 2 or 3 but still) and send them in, this way i wont be doing anything illigal like driving with my phone in my hand or causing an accident while taking a photo.

that me sorted for this weekendSmile

I can photoshop. Take photo of a white taxi in a few illegal places and then just take random photos of other white taxis and replace the plates.

come now guys, you really think they trying to clean up their act?

a month before election time? dont be naieve

if this lasts till june then i might believe them

My experience has been that the taxis are usually pretty tolerant of cyclists, unlike the Golden Arrow busses. If I were to make a comparison of incidents, I can count many more occurrences of being squeezed on the road shoulder by a bus than a taxi ... even when there is no oncoming traffic!!!   smiley7.gif

Good Initiative!!

But, if you use your cellphone whilst driving, is that not against the law!!

unless, the passenger takes the photograph!!