The (un)official single speed thread....

rock

You have 2 different cogs on it and for instance If you find yourself riding around a "hilly" spot you take the wheel out fip it over and ride the other bigger cog..

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Mintsauce, you're right did not see that smiley23.gif

I'm just so desperate to make a vertical drop out frame work as a fixed gear

Sorry Mintsauce' date=' you're right did not see that [img']https://assets.bikehub.co.za/legacy_images/smilies/smiley23.gif[/img]

I'm just so desperate to make a vertical drop out frame work as a fixed gear

I don't have time to do the research now, but try and find out if White Industries makes a fixed version of it's Uno Eccentric hub. I'm pretty sure it's only available with a freewheel though.

It's your only hope.

It's designed to allow you to tension the chain on vertical dropout frames. The hub axle and the bolt are off center allowing it to swivel in the frame to tension the chain before you tighten it.....that doesn't quite explain it properly but you'll see what I mean.

I just went to Crosstown Cycles in Kenelworth.. They do all kind of singlespeed stuff. Friendly bloke aswell.

He sells a set of HUB's from Novatek for R1200 per pair, they look nice, sealed etc. You can run the "flip flop" on them. He said you put one fixed gear on and on the other side you do a BMX a cassete with a freewheel option. his name is Olaf:021-761 0112