The (un)official single speed thread....

rock

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And the reason Im posting it on this thread and this Is nao a HIJACK...

Cause IT WAS DONE ON A SINGLESPEED RIGHT...

20090402_065025_P5270022.jpg

What also works is if you just buy a simple chain tension kit like THIS one.

20090330_020119_10009.jpg

This kit can turn any wheel into a SS and the tensioner solves the

chain "Slack" problem. This just mounts to the dropout and the skewer

pushes through it. Very light and durable. As you can see they cost

around R500 from CRC. If you need some' date=' I can get new kits for R300.

Just PM me...

[/quote']

WOW!!! Sorry but the price went up from R300 to R510... Dont know why the sudden increase from the wholesaler but they moved it up by nearly double the price...EISH... Only have three left for now.... Also available from Hatfield Cycles in Pretoria...

WOW!!! Sorry but the price went up from R300 to R510... Dont know why the sudden increase from the wholesaler but they moved it up by nearly double the price...EISH... Only have three left for now.... Also available from Hatfield Cycles in Pretoria...

CRC have that kit for R 426. If you add VAT and the 10% it comes to R 492 excluding postage.

Maybe I should split the Gorilla, sell all the funnies and build me one.

Deore groupset.  any offers.

Hey Those trails Are In Richwood, Near the Caltex refinary.  But the Photo was taken about 2 yars ago. And Im afraid It doesnt look quite so well kept no more

I dont build there anymore as I sold my jumpbike and now ride trails and XC most of the time.

That small line was the bomb , It had hips and many different kind of jumps in one 8pack. Even a spine at the end. What a jol.

Anyway, Heres To you all.

I cant wait to post my bike on here because she will be a thing of beauty, But for now.. heres some more of the bikes I draw Inspiration from dayly.

Its weird but I found these bikes on  websites like "thecoolhunter.com... Its design/lifestyle/fasion mags webpages.. weird.. but Bikes are "In fasion" in europe! how cool.

Ok I found this cool fixed gear site: fixedgeargallary.com

There is a post of a Bianchi and the guy said he used :"Rear hub is a flip-flop fixed/fixed by Novatech with some random rims"

So what is that and how does it work i.e. no tension jockey used for vertical drop out frame, is it still like a track bike then?

see picture below

20090408_014829_MaciejSpiess-1.jpg20090408_014902_MaciejSpiess-3.jpg20090408_014926_MaciejSpiess-4.jpg

Ok I found this cool fixed gear site: fixedgeargallary.com

There is a post of a Bianchi and the guy said he used :"Rear hub is a flip-flop fixed/fixed by Novatech with some random rims"

So what is that and how does it work i.e. no tension jockey used for vertical drop out frame' date=' is it still like a track bike then?

see picture below

hard to see exactly, but that dropout looks almost horizontal.