The (un)official single speed thread....

rock

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In my dreams only

20090416_103914_pashley-guvnor-.jpg

that is an awesme dream...all of a sudden' date=' i hate gfishy....[/quote']

Stop hating me! smiley36.gif

that is an awesme dream...all of a sudden' date=' i hate gfishy....[/quote']

Stop hating me! smiley36.gif

smiley9.gifok, i'm suffering from ss envy?smiley36.gif

dirtbreath, that looks mean. i notice there's a price tag hanging from the front?any idea how much that'd go for?

My SS dream:

20090416_230522_Alcohauler-1.jpg

20090416_230559_Alcohauler-5.jpg

Nice' date=' I like the way they're tensioning the chain. It's given me an idea, "To the drawing board!!!"

BTW: Technically that isn't a singlespeed it's a dinglespeed.

[indent']It's got 2 sprockets on the back and I assume a smaller chainring on the front too.  Enabling 2 different gear ratios with the same chain length.

[/indent]

Thats darn nice...smiley32.gif

Thing is.. Having 2 gears in stead of one.. I think If going single, go single, for no other reason than I would hate to be out on the trail wondering If Im In the right gear and If I should stop and swop or just keep going...

Well I have that kind of mind..smiley4.gif

Thats darn nice...smiley32.gif

Thing is.. Having 2 gears in stead of one.. I think If going single' date=' go single, for no other reason than I would hate to be out on the trail wondering If Im In the right gear and If I should stop and swop or just keep going...

Well I have that kind of mind..[img']https://assets.bikehub.co.za/legacy_images/smilies/smiley4.gif[/img]

I have my gear chosen for general trail stuff, it may change slightly but not much. Only reason I would put another gear on would be so that I don't spin out so quickly on the flat and riding to the trail.

My SS dream:

20090416_230522_Alcohauler-1.jpg

20090416_230559_Alcohauler-5.jpg

Nice' date=' I like the way they're tensioning the chain. It's given me an idea, "To the drawing board!!!"

BTW: Technically that isn't a singlespeed it's a dinglespeed.

[indent']It's got 2 sprockets on the back and I assume a smaller chainring on the front too.  Enabling 2 different gear ratios with the same chain length.

[/indent]

ooo, yummy, i want

it's frightened the crap outta my neighbours i few times too!!!!!smiley36.gifsmiley36.gifsmiley36.gif

That machine is not complete without a

20090416_111443_zound.jpg

I have loads of fun with mine on the MTB.

hahahahahaha! cool! where do i get one of those?

PM me a postal addy and I will shunt one down when  I get back home in

two weeks' date=' in return for a donation to the louis Trichardt SPCA

(Donations can be paid directly into the SPCA?s bank account : ABSA 632005  account No 4049 349 429) [/quote']

What's that? A hooter thingy? I also want, will also make donation if i can get one smiley4.gif

nathrix2009-04-17 01:18:55

Hehe, had to resize the pics first.

Not a new bike, but some new bits on it.

20090417_015840_SS1.jpg

20090417_015911_SS2.jpg

20090417_015945_SS3.jpg

It's running a Hope Pro II Trials/SS hub, and I bought a Fire eye tensioner and spacer/gear set from CRC. Gearing is 22/18, so it won't go anywhere in a hurry, but that's not the point of the bike.

I have noticed that the chain jumps a bit when I'm pedalling for longer stretches, even though the alignment looks spot on. I'll pull a link out of the chain and see if that fixes the problem. I need to remove that Powerlink anyway, since they're known to fail under trials riding pressures.

Dingle speed!? Classic!smiley32.gif

Checked this pic so many times and never noticed that. Maybe I was distracted by the hip flask water bottle.

Dingle speed!? Classic!smiley32.gif

Checked this pic so many times and never noticed that. Maybe I was distracted by the hip flask water bottle.

hehehe

I originally thought there were super-long teeth on the sprocket, then I thought, if the teeth are too long they're going to interfere with the chain and stop it turning.