The (un)official single speed thread....

rock

which is better' date=' the tensioner that pushes up os the one pushing down?[/quote']

I had an on-one that pushed down and now have a DMR that pushes up' date=' supposedly the one that pushes up (should your chain length allow) is better as it allows the chain to engage more teeth on the rear cog........
[/quote']

Makes sense!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Ruan! Why don't you post a pic or one of your singlespeeds? smiley36.gif

Will do so soon' date=' its in different parts now, been upgrading it a bit... Dude it was great to ride with you guys on the weekend, that Martin dude is nowordsinmymouth GOOD!!![img']https://assets.bikehub.co.za/legacy_images/smilies/smiley36.gif[/img]

Yes, Martin is insane, LJ is very good as well, and young Jason is a monster in the making! Was great fun at the skate park. We should do the one in Sunninghill soon.

Fatmod, can we not have a separate stickied thread for the discussion of single speeds and leave this thread purely for photos ?

Fatmod' date=' can we not have a separate stickied thread for the discussion of single speeds and leave this thread purely for photos ?

[/quote']

I agreesmiley20.gif

20090401_094351_p1150717-600x45.jpg

I don't have words for this...

This is wrong..... you should edit your post saying "Look at own risk" because people are going to get heart attacks, and you should cover yourself from lawsuits...

20090401_094351_p1150717-600x45.jpg

This is wrong..... you should edit your post saying "Look at own risk" because people are going to get heart attacks' date=' and you should cover yourself from lawsuits...[/quote']

It's only wrong 'cos it costs... drumroll please... 2000 BLEEDING POUNDS!!!

I still want one though.

Anybody got an old track frame for me? 56cm and as cheap as possible (should read I am willing to pay postage).

Oooohhhh....KOXX....they sponsor Vincent Hermance

Careful when you post video's of trials riding' date=' or anything not XC. People are scared of it around here. Apparently being able to do 35km/h on a flat gravel road for an hour straight is better than being able to pedalkick-jump over obstacles and gaps. [img']https://assets.bikehub.co.za/legacy_images/smilies/smiley5.gif[/img]