The (un)official single speed thread....

rock

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

20090417_022306_death_spray_nit.jpg

bos, they's some cool bars, man! would go very well with the retor leather knog gloves that say love and hate on them. 
holy roller2009-04-17 02:29:30

Hehe' date=' had to resize the pics first.

Not a new bike, but some new bits on it.

[img']https://cdn.bikehub.co.za/uploads2/20090417_015840_SS1.jpg[/img]

20090417_015911_SS2.jpg

20090417_015945_SS3.jpg

It's running a Hope Pro II Trials/SS hub, and I bought a Fire eye tensioner and spacer/gear set from CRC. Gearing is 22/18, so it won't go anywhere in a hurry, but that's not the point of the bike.

I have noticed that the chain jumps a bit when I'm pedalling for longer stretches, even though the alignment looks spot on. I'll pull a link out of the chain and see if that fixes the problem. I need to remove that Powerlink anyway, since they're known to fail under trials riding pressures.

She looks pretty and strong, almost like my Russian Skelmpie-- Olgasmiley36.gifsmiley36.gif

Nice bike Hog, we should go hit some trials some time, you missed out last night the urban ride was LEKKER!!! How's the back??

Mann.. In a way I cant wait for winter to start so that I can have more time on my hands.. I love what I guess we can call "design art" being a designer and loving all good looking things be it bikes-clothes -people-(ladies only) stuff like that...

Its lekker cause this Fixi craze Isnt so "tech" driven so one can take a old steel frame , weld some stuff to it(of course I know what Im doingsmiley36.gif

Anyway.. winter nights.. oh good..  It seems Im going to be able tui build a offroad One to.. jipee.. Its lots of fun isnt it. Especially riding together and seeing who can get up stuff etc etc..

I will start posting.. mabe a before and after shot..

She looks pretty and strong' date=' almost like my Russian Skelmpie-- Olga[img']https://assets.bikehub.co.za/legacy_images/smilies/smiley36.gif[/img]smiley36.gif

Nice bike Hog, we should go hit some trials some time, you missed out last night the urban ride was LEKKER!!! How's the back??

I just didn't have the time to make it last night. My Canadian clients needed me on a job because all their developers were busy, so I had to stay at home. I did manage to sneak out to the bike park for about an hour, just to test the bike.

My back is still sore, will try to get to a chiropractor today, and then I need to start strengthening my core to avoid having more problems. I suppose it would also help if I didn't sit in front of my PC for about 16-18 hours a day. 

Mann.. In a way I cant wait for winter to start so that I can have more time on my hands.. I love what I guess we can call "design art" being a designer and loving all good looking things be it bikes-clothes -people-(ladies only) stuff like that...

Its lekker cause this Fixi craze Isnt so "tech" driven so one can take a old steel frame ' date=' weld some stuff to it(of course I know what Im doing[img']https://assets.bikehub.co.za/legacy_images/smilies/smiley36.gif[/img]

Anyway.. winter nights.. oh good..  It seems Im going to be able tui build a offroad One to.. jipee.. Its lots of fun isnt it. Especially riding together and seeing who can get up stuff etc etc..

an off-road fixie?

Very nice Hog !

Dig the Hope Pro II SS rear hub. Looking at getting myself one.

Its lekker cause this Fixi craze Isnt so "tech" driven so one can take a old steel frame ' date=' weld some stuff to it(of course I know what Im doing[img']https://assets.bikehub.co.za/legacy_images/smilies/smiley36.gif[/img]

an off-road fixie?

MM.. well no that might be a bit risky.. especiallt If I have to pedal through rock gardens.. mm.. Can it be done? I dont know If this might hold one back a bit to much on the way down.. I still like going fast..

As for the Fixi.. on the Commuter arty farty bike.

Very nice Hog !

It's really excellent. Something like 72 engagement points or something, and it makes a lot of noise. Do yourself a favour though - get it from CRC, and have them build you a wheel. Their custom built wheels are cheap and well-built. I paid for the front wheel (Hope Pro II + Halo Combat + DTSwiss spokes) the same as the Hub alone would have been here.

Hog' date=' that was the one you were wheeling out of Mike's Bikes?[/quote']

Yes, they did the conversion for me on Tuesday. I had them strip the bike down completely and rebuild it, replacing quite a few bits along the way that needed replacement.

The bike feels as good as new, and smells all oily! If someone invented an "oily-bike-smell" perfume my wife and I would never leave the bedroom! smiley36.gif

an off-road fixie?

MM.. well no that might be a bit risky.. especiallt If I have to pedal through rock gardens.. mm.. Can it be done? I dont know If this might hold one back a bit to much on the way down.. I still like going fast..

As for the Fixi.. on the Commuter arty farty bike.

there are some loonies out there who do the offroad fixie thing.smiley3.gif

Very nice Hog !

It's really excellent. Something like 72 engagement points or something' date=' and it makes a lot of noise. Do yourself a favour though - get it from CRC, and have them build you a wheel. Their custom built wheels are cheap and well-built. I paid for the front wheel (Hope Pro II + Halo Combat + DTSwiss spokes) the same as the Hub alone would have been here.

[/quote']

I would anyway.

CRC built my current wheelset on the SC

Very nice Hog !

It's really excellent. Something like 72 engagement points or something' date=' and it makes a lot of noise. Do yourself a favour though - get it from CRC' date=' and have them build you a wheel. Their custom built wheels are cheap and well-built. I paid for the front wheel (Hope Pro II + Halo Combat + DTSwiss spokes) the same as the Hub alone would have been here.

[/quote'']

I would anyway.

CRC built my current wheelset on the SC

What do they charge for a "build"?

Does anybody have a tensioner kit available' date=' or know were can I find a half link for a 8 speen chain?[/quote']

PM Kiwi  I think he was advertising kits the other day