hubbers at the world cup

Tumbleweed

A couple of us from JHB are going to be staying @ Giba Gorge for the long weekend. Lots of riding and will go check out the 4x and downhill finals on Sat and Sun. You guys/gals are welcome to join us for a roll on Friday, Saturday and Sunday morning.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe it is here.  This weekend. Been waiting and planning this from last year October. Now to get through 3 days of work. Dead

HR,

Will see you guys (and gals) on Sat and Sun... (Un)fortunately running the Two Oceans half first, then rushing off to airport for Durbs... Should hook up for a beer or two!

Intern and I had a little walk around the World Cup competition area earlier and within 200m/15 minutes saw:

Sam Hill

Gee Atherton

Dan Atherton

Thomas Frischknecht

Jose Hermida

Julien Absalon (we think, he was quite far away)

Sam Hill is actually sitting about 5m from me in the media centre right now checking his email...

Talent overload in Pmb right now!

Sean Badenhorst2009-04-07 04:48:48

You guys in the know, do you think this is a once of event or will they be back next year?

Sean, has anyone turned those last 2 jumps at the bottom of the DH into a single yet?

My money is on the crazy sitting in front of you (Sam Hill) to give it a go, it's long but on an MX bike you might make it or if you're just plain nuts.

You guys in the know' date=' do you think this is a once of event or will they be back next year?

.[/quote']

If it goes well this year, it'll be back. So far, the rider feedback has been very positive regarding the courses.

Interesting titbit for DH nuts, Kovarik won the MTN SA Cup race on Sunday with platform pedals (non-clip) and this is being rated as the second-most pedally course on the circuit (after Canberra)!

intern is out there now riding the XC course with Roan Exelby. Told him to snap some pics with his phone if he gets stuck behind any big names. Well, big names besides Exelby...

In my case the other thread about "What's your other half's gripe with your cycling" is just too relevant - I say GO and she says NO. I am gonna have to meet all you Hubbers another time Cry

Will we be allowed on the courses on Monday?

Just not sure if its worth taking a bike up and paying an extra nights accomodation.

I will be there. I am helping two cross country riders (Ivonne Kraft and Inbar Ronen).

It blows my mind that Pietermaritzburg, is far more active in wanting events like the World Cup than bigger cities like Cape Town. It must be huge in terms of tourism for the city. Well done to Mr Haswell. Clap

Mini-hijack...

Owen - is there a Nashua team get together or is that not happening? We'll be in Hillcrest...

minihijack ver2.0

are any of the nashua members going to be at the track champs at the velodrome ?

Mini-hijack...

Owen - is there a Nashua team get together or is that not happening? We'll be in Hillcrest...

We can do something on Sunday or after the cross country. Pmb is our valley, Joanna and I. We can have a op skop.

It blows my mind that Pietermaritzburg' date=' is far more active in wanting events like the World Cup than bigger cities like Cape Town. It must be huge in terms of tourism for the city. Well done to Mr Haswell. Clap[/quote']

I like it again. It's like a little gem that everybody has forgotten.