Best single track trails in SA.......

Mother Goose

The best for me is Holla. Especially now that they've got a proper menu and cold beer after the ride

Holla?????? I must be drunk or on drugs...

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The best for me is Holla. Especially now that they've got a proper menu and cold beer after the ride

You are a real comedian,Holla! Hahaha

It depends on what you define as "great" single track. Do you want natural features, manmade features, flow, or beautiful scenery? My choices:

1. Climb all the way to the top and bomb down a feature filled track : Jonkershoek by a country mile!!! :)  :)  :) ( The flow on these tracks are also great!)
  2. Undulating single track with great features most of it under tree canopy: Garden Route trail Park
  3. Up, down and up and down again in 40deg ;)  with some cool features: Hoogekraal
  4. Flowy single track with varied terrain, great rock gardens, and the odd feature: Karkloof / Howick trails.

In Johannesburg my favorite is the Spruit. That's just me; I like the features in the Spruit. None of the other trails in Gauteng have jumps that's on the same level. (I'm talking trails here, not jump lines like Wolwe or Huddle.) The other venue that's almost there is Hakahana. I would not categorize it as flowy or feature filled, but it's very good in the Gauteng terms. (The terrain unfortunately kills flow in the sense that it is very rocky.)

Venues like Van Gaalens, Groenkloof, Rietvlei etc. have no or very little features and flow, so I would categorize them with the trails above. 

Features being jumps, berms and drops. 

The best single track depends from rider to rider. I like trail features and flow.

I totally agree. Gauteng has nothing that can compete when it come to trails that has excellent flow, such as Garden Route Trail Park, Jonkers, Oak Valley and Paul Cluver. Redbarn and the Spruit comes closest in the land of the big smoke but it is still nowhere near those trails mentioned when it comes to pure fun and flow in my books. I wish we could have a Garden route trail park in Gauteng. Maybe we could built such tracks at King kloof....????????????

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Edited by Jakkals77

Dont know of any place that has 5km of bomber downhill singletrack 2hrs from Jhb.  Do You ????

post-32110-0-25988100-1462691328_thumb.jpg

post-32110-0-64489600-1462691528_thumb.jpg

Buffelsdrift has become a quality 50km venue with some proper climbing and flowing single tract .I always thoroughly enjoy a 3 hour round there with something nice to eat at the restaurant afterwards  

Rode Giba again today with 2 mates....had the park to ourselves , as it was pouring down....did all the climbs in reverse....some of the greatest fun i had on trail....flowing sticky trails even in pouring rain...i rate it as one of the best bike parks around ☺

Glad to read of the good things at Garden Route Trail park. Am moving down to the area later in the year, looking forward to some great biking, with and without engine!

It depends on what you define as "great" single track. Do you want natural features, manmade features, flow, or beautiful scenery? My choices:

1. Climb all the way to the top and bomb down a feature filled track : Jonkershoek by a country mile!!! :)  :)  :) ( The flow on these tracks are also great!)
  2. Undulating single track with great features most of it under tree canopy: Garden Route trail Park
  3. Up, down and up and down again in 40deg ;)  with some cool features: Hoogekraal
  4. Flowy single track with varied terrain, great rock gardens, and the odd feature: Karkloof / Howick trails.

In Johannesburg my favorite is the Spruit. That's just me; I like the features in the Spruit. None of the other trails in Gauteng have jumps that's on the same level. (I'm talking trails here, not jump lines like Wolwe or Huddle.) The other venue that's almost there is Hakahana. I would not categorize it as flowy or feature filled, but it's very good in the Gauteng terms. (The terrain unfortunately kills flow in the sense that it is very rocky.)

Venues like Van Gaalens, Groenkloof, Rietvlei etc. have no or very little features and flow, so I would categorize them with the trails above. 

Features being jumps, berms and drops. 

The best single track depends from rider to rider. I like trail features and flow.

Well, you still have to try our 3 trails in Tzaneen (Climb all the way to the top and bomb down a feature filled track).....

Rode Giba again today with 2 mates....had the park to ourselves , as it was pouring down....did all the climbs in reverse....some of the greatest fun i had on trail....flowing sticky trails even in pouring rain...i rate it as one of the best bike parks around ☺

It's getting better and better with the Guys from Good2Go adding more and more jumps in places.

It's getting better and better with the Guys from Good2Go adding more and more jumps in places.

Definitely, you must try the new racetech line....we are going to be doing some trail maintenance on Saterday on the free ride section if you are keen

Definitely, you must try the new racetech line....we are going to be doing some trail maintenance on Saterday on the free ride section if you are keen

Morning or or arvie. Is that the one Ed and Jay were working on Sunday?

Morning or or arvie. Is that the one Ed and Jay were working on Sunday?

Yes....the morning...ill pm you the time , i think the guys want to start riding at 7am if you want to join beforehand