Morewood XC Bike

Wallee

OK lads keep your shorts on' date=' I am back from the airport and have seen the light bike. Check my blog on www.treadmag.co.za for some absolutely exclusive spy shots of the new bike and some details on what she's made of....

Just give it about 10 minutes loading pics...

[/quote']

Big%20smileClapClapClap

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Where do I find them on tread son?

click on "blogs".

nice one, intern! reckon he could get it under then by filing down the levers on the skewers! smiley36.gif

Sorry Andre...

http://www.entelectclubmanager.co.za/ECGWebManager/MainContentImages/9159/IMG00005-20090518-110.jpg

http://www.entelectclubmanager.co.za/ECGWebManager/MainContentImages/9159/IMG00007-20090518-1101.jpg

http://www.entelectclubmanager.co.za/ECGWebManager/MainContentImages/9159/IMG00012-20090518-1103.jpg

That is one serious bike! Looks strong enough to freeride on and with some tweaking (it is a prototype) should be a huge contender for king of local sales. Well done Patrick Clap

Just sprinted the thing up and down the street; with propedal, hardly any pedal bob, frame is rigid as a board. It's metal (nod to Mampara) and weighs 500 grams less than my 08 S-Works Epic. Schweeters.

If they tidy up the welds you could save a few more grams. Will they be CNCing that part between the pivot and the shock? No gussets on the head tube?

Not sure about the cable routing under the BB. Hopefully it'll be sorted on the production model. Like that they try to stay true to the square DT

Have a big dump before you ride then they weigh the sameLOLLOL

Just sprinted the thing up and down the street; with propedal' date=' hardly any pedal bob, frame is rigid as a board. It's metal (nod to Mampara) and weighs 500 grams less than my 08 S-Works Epic. Schweeters. [/quote']

I kinda like the "industrial" look of the welds - traditional Morewood, and it makes the bike look as if it can handle a helluva lot more than you can throw at it.

Very utilitarian, and very hawt! Like the nekkid metal as well...

Very sweet!

can't see where the bottle opener is' date=' but SA mtb product of the year?

[/quote']

You should find it when you remove the rear wheel..LOL