E2E on Thursday

Howdy Hubbers

It seems that everybody is of to the "WorldChamps"(Argus). Who are going to do E2E on Thursday ? Pantani ? Dr. Seuss ?

Cheers Narra

narra2007-03-06 03:52:40

I have a huge problem with the E2E. Why do people treat this as a "World Champs" ? Somebody is going to get hurt very bad soon. Sorry, I have just moved to Jhb, I dont see what the fuss is all about. The guys are riding like a holes.

Is there prize money at the end of the year ?

The guys who race the E2E, why dont you guys win on the weekends ?

Bruce, i fear when it gets a little darker, somebody is gonna be killed. Stuff Geuteng Aggro, how about common sense.

I'm amazed someone hasn't been killed already!!

You won't see me riding them - I only do the long route on Wednesdays.  And usually end up riding alone.

The "WorldChamps" is the Argus, sorry. If YOU watch out for your self it is not that bad.

Believe it or not, the E2E is one of the safest routes in the Northern Suburbs so early in the morning, if you look after your self. Double roads almost all the way...

The route is very safe - no dodgy areas, double lanes, street lights.  It's the desperate attempts to hang on to the bunch that cause people to jump red robots etc.

Obie1

I agree that the E2E is dangerous, however it is the chaps who are trying to hang on for dear life that make it dangerous.

I for example use the tuesday session as my speed and intensity training, I know a few others do to. However alot of guys just show up a try show how strong they are day after day, but don't feature on the weekends cause they are still recovering from Tue, Wed and Thur E2E sessions. You will never find guys like Andrew, Christo etc. doing that ride more than once a week at that pace.

So to ake it safe for myself I leave 5 min before the bunch a generally only get caught when there are about 5 to 10 guys left, now and again I actually manage to stay away (but not often), this I find is safer for me.

The "WorldChamps" is the Argus' date=' sorry. If YOU watch out for your self it is not that bad. [/quote']

The Argus is a fun ride which is even more dangerous than the E2E.

You are not the problem, its the other Lance Nostrongs around you that's the problem. How guys been taken out by someone else.

its the other Lance Nostrongs around you that's the problem.

Ek se my larnie, why you chooning me swak? I should come to your porsie and stick my yeloow Nikeeeeee in your A-Hole Angry If you want to dalla me then pull in, I stay at 10810 Go N*&% Your Granny Drive...

Just vloek me one more time and you'll look like this emoticon -> Ouch

not doing argus,  so will be there

bruce is correct - the route is safe,  but the people make it unsafe in a desperate attempt to stick with the bunch

i wont be doing this ride for much longer

So where's this clown Obie 1? Quiet? I thought so! Call me Aggrrrooooo.... Grrrr.... Angry Just choon him when I rock up at the E2E, he better be gone cos I'll make him and that Bianchi jump! And somebody get him his own kit, he keeps wearing his laaitie's tight jerseys!

Howdy Hubbers

It seems that everybody is of to the "WorldChamps"(Argus). Who are going to do E2E on Thursday ? Pantani ? Dr. Seuss ?

Cheers Narra

I will try and be there for Thursday. I have been riding at 5:30 all by my lonesome lately...Cry Was really cold this morning hey... Want to start going long daily though, just need to get about 100 more lights for my bike.

Pantani, it was 15 C when we left at 5:50 and 13 C when we passed the Engen again at 6:10. I was the only warm guy in leg and arm warmersEvil%20Smile I did not went to the start this morning because I knew that there wont be a big turn out with Argus. Joined a bunch at the junction and kept with them, easy ride. Dr.Seuss and Kie caught us at Peter Place.

So if you are not going to do E2E any more Dr. Seuss? What are you going to do then?