This gear ratio is not recommended for newbies

I FLY

Quite interesting actually, the bike was used for a motor-paced hour record attempt. Fork setup almost certainly an early experiment in aerodynamics. Pacing was generally done by a tandem pair with the fuel tank between them. Big wool sweaters was preferred garb for the tandem stoker, because of the aerodynamic advantage it was thought to offer the following cyclist... the sweaters were ultimately banned!

here is an example of the tandem used as a lead bike. Note the stoker's aero kit, and the following distance!

http://www.wooljersey.com/gallery/d/117157-2/Dickentman.jpg

At one of the last international track meetings at the bellville velodrome, I remember there was a guy doing a motorpaced ride.  He also had his fork "reversed".  Any Trackies know the reason for this??

The back wheels bigger than the front. No wonder he's so fast, he's riding downhill all the time

ChrisH, nice avatar. But Tri has normally 3 disciplines, I only see 2 ladysQuestion