1time trashed my ride !!!

colin parsons

1Time is not responsible for baggage handling.

Anyway pack it in box is your responsibility as is making sure it is covered by some insurance.

hahaha kulula is always delayed technical problems all da time!!! and they over book there flights so thers a huge back log after easter thick people!!!!

i will fly them again 1time were good with my bike! mayb you wernt so nice =) haha the baggages go through 7 diffrent airport service companies before reaching the plane so you cannot say really who it was!

thanks jon0

If you think Mango is an option give it a skip.

ok granted i didnt put my bike in a box and a bullet proof container but then i thought they might actually have some respect for passengers items.......VERY STUPID of me.

not sure where or when but the bike was dropped/thrown pretty hard and slid several meters on something rough.

This happened at the start of the month and have got to no conclusion with them, nothing is insured if you buy ticket you must pay extra and do research into it....

so much for making traveling easy and cheap

1Time is responsible for your bike as they took ownership when you handed it to them at the check-in counter.  If there are problems with baggage handlers, that is for the client (1Time) to deal directly with their suppliers (the baggage handling companies / airport).  Too many SA companies try to shift blame.  That said insuring your bike is your responsibility, and then your insurance company can deal with the airline.

linnega2009-04-23 12:50:20

I also warn against Mango. Packaged the bikes nicely in boxes and paid R150 to fly them and they were in a horrible condition on the other side. Luckily no real damage to bikes but the boxes were a state! Heaven knows what they do with them! Oh and the irony was that on that flight they were advertising flying with bikes in the in-flight mag and actually ENCOURAGING passengers to do so! What a cheek!

Guys - you should fly with the kuul green Kool-ula. They pioneered low cost air travel and should be rewarded for it. They also have transported plentsch of my bikes with no packaging on them with no problems.

Nobody should ever fly Mango, they will kill the low cost airline biz in SA using our hard earned tax cash and with the usual lies cheating and stealing that goes with SAA. 1time..sounds dodge, not too keen to try out a forced landing any time soon.

intern2009-04-24 00:42:48

Flown many times with both 1time and Kulula, never had an issue. Where there have been problems though, such as delays and baggage issues they have been quick to resolve the problem.

Mango I refuse point blank, for the reasons Intern gave above and the service attitude carries over from SAA.

Anyway pack it in box is your responsibility as is making sure it is covered by some insurance.

i-drive that aint the point!!! Airlines continually loose bags, break stuff, damage items...the list goes on!

Don't be all p.c. about the problem!! Ouch

Airlines stuff things up, seesm the have even been able to bugger a bike up in a bike bagAngryAngryAngry

I agree that 1Time is liable, but I was just pointing out that it could happen on any airline.

The onus is really on the passenger to ensure it is packed in such a manner that it can handle some not so careful handling.

Best thing is to make sure it is insured....

Wow' date=' I was planning on taking my mtb on a 1time flight, but this scares me a little. Not cool. Nail them on Hellopeeter and evet news papers "ombudsman" that you can find. Sheesh! [/quote']

ombudsmen handle complaints about the media. you should look up consumer journalists rather. 

or go to www.getclosure.co.za!!! excellent site for complaints!!!!

i-drive that aint the point!!! Airlines continually loose bags' date=' break stuff, damage items...the list goes on!

Airlines stuff things up, seesm the have even been able to bugger a bike up in a bike bagAngryAngryAngry
[/quote']

Take the time to actually read what he said, he isn't being PC. It's a fact the airline don't loose bags, break 'stuff' or damage items since the baggage handling is handled by either the airport or contracted staff.

So the point would be to lay the complaint at the actual company operating the airport, even though 1Time or whichever airline will process a claim on your behalf.

i-drive that aint the point!!! Airlines continually loose bags' date=' break stuff, damage items...the list goes on!

[/quote']

Take the time to actually read what he said, he isn't being PC. It's a fact the airline don't loose bags, break 'stuff' or damage items since the baggage handling is handled by either the airport or contracted staff.

So the point would be to lay the complaint at the actual company operating the airport, even though 1Time or whichever airline will process a claim on your behalf.

Point taken - seems I am getting myself in trouble all over the hub today...Big%20smile

I think the underlying tone here for me is people do not think like me - there is no way I would treat someones else's possessions with complete disrespect....

Packing in a box or softbag is waste of time. 

Just roll it in' date=' it gets treated with a lot more respect.
[/quote']

I flew a month ago and they treat it the same weather its in a bag or not, got scratched pretty badly. It was either not tied down during the flight or it was slid on the tarmac,

R1000 odd damage.

next time i will wheel it on but cover everything possible in bubble wrap......or ill just drive

20090424_132135_3.jpg

20090424_132336_4.jpg

There was a red turner like the pic above

20090424_132019_1.jpg

only a week old Angry

20090424_131753_2.jpg

Tape on cables was white

Peach2009-04-24 13:26:34