Outsurance

markStockton

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree.  I have had nothing but drama and tears with Outsurance and other (mis)direct insurance.

I will be calling my broker and apologising on Monday.

'Direct' insurance is a bit of a disingenous thing which ignores the very real value which a broker adds. Def stick to broker...and Santam.

Yup - same thing here.

1. Called them - got the sorry message re 'difficult times', then they agreed to drop rate by R12!

2. Got another quote from Dial Direct (lower).

3. Phoned Outs again - asking to cancel my insurance.

4. Immediately got directed beyond tel operators #1 to another level that dropped my insurance by 40%!

5. Was told steps 1 - 3 required every year.

Grrrr. Still stuck with them to get my 'Outbonus' in 3 months - they know how to nail you.

I have claimed 3 times from Outsurance all 3 were handeled perfectly well, I have only had the best service from them. They even covered my MTB shoes that my dog chewed up, to top it off they sent me a big dog bone via courier with a note saying"Lets hope your dog prefers this gift over your shoes"

Been with Outsurance for some years now and never had any issues. You must just remember that you have to manage you own stuff now. There is no broker that is going to phone and make sure you have the best premium. My experience is that most brokers don't do it in any case. Tried getting quote from Miway and they could not get close to my current premium.

First rule of insurance - what works for me won't always work for you and vice versa. For some weird reason company A will be cheaper for you but more expensive for me and obviously the other way around. They are all supposed to use similiar models Confused Bottom line, don't listen to other people, do your own research and make a decision based on that.

Anyone who would like a quote, for household, car or simply standalone bike insurance then PM me with your e-mail address and I will sincerely ry to beat any direct insurance company. 95% chance of doing so.

Beat this. I just got a follow-up call from Outsurance because of this thread here. Clap Clap Clap

I have an additional discount and a good idea of how the process as well as discounts work. Due to the excellent service I've had in the past, they way they have upgraded the policy and the efficient claims process I'm pretty sure I'll be staying with Outsurance.

Well done to Marius, Gareth and the rest of the team, you guy's have definitely gone the extra mile to keep my business over the past couple of days.

wow, thats nice, wish they would help me with my premiums .... i always fone and never get better premiums ...

Ongoing probelm's with Outsurance' date=' 2 x calims 2 x claims stuffed up, 1 still outstanding 

Miway are somewaht devious with their advertsing, you can only insure your cycle through them if you take householders or motor, nothing on their website to this effect.
[/quote']

Scotty, I was tolf by Marius that someone from the communications department at Outsurance will be contacting you to sort this out. If it doesn't happen PM me for his direct line.

Hi Mark,

Marius confirmed that he spoke to you about the premium and explained the differing percentages. The difference in this case related to the incident for which you claimed which affected yoru profile and hence the additional premium.

Marius confirmed that he resolved the matter with you.

Regards,

Trevor

Hi Mark,

Marius spoke to you and explained the differing percentages which in your case related to the claim that you submitted. Marius confirmed that he resolved the matter with you.

Regards,

Trevor

So this is how you get a good price from Outsurance? Start a thread on a website that gets a lot of hits and then point them to that? I'll remember that one. Maybe if I do the same I'll finally convince the guys at Porsche to sell me a GT3 for R60k!

LOL

Auto & General decided to increase mine by 30% after I had only had my car for 11 months.  I've been with them for 7 years and haven't claimed once!!!!!

Original price: R650

New price: R850

I phoned around and got a quote from Dial Direct for R615.  Phoned A&G back and told them this just incase I could get a discount and stay with them but they told me they can't give me a discount at all.  They then tried the whole "you will lose you bucks back bonus" thing due in 5 years.  I just gave them a little mathematics lesson.  I was due for a bonus in 5 years.

R200 saving per month * 5 years = R12000.  So I lose a bonus of +- R7000 and save R12000 which leaves me R5000 better off.  Plus I get a bonus from Dial Direct a year or two later than I would have with A&G.

RIP off artists if you ask me.  You would think they would treat their customers who don't ever claim a little better.

So this is how you get a good price from Outsurance? Start a thread on a website that gets a lot of hits and then point them to that? I'll remember that one. Maybe if I do the same I'll finally convince the guys at Porsche to sell me a GT3 for R60k!

LOL

For the record, I didn't point them here. They keen on the cycling market and monitor the hub it seems.

Let me know how the GT3 thing works out, I fancy a Boxter S.

LOL

For the record' date=' I didn't point them here. They keen on the cycling market and monitor the hub it seems.

Let me know how the GT3 thing works out, I fancy a Boxter S.

[/quote']

Boxster S = Ghey. Tongue

After checking the price of car tyres I decided not to get the GT3 any more. They cost EVEN MORE than Mountain Kings, so I won't be able to afford the car. Guess I'll just ride my bike rather.