Efficiency Of Pedal Stroke

JuicyUltimate

WH: I thought your new bike pedaled 87% for you and you just have to do the last 13%??

Shhhh, quiet about that! ...and it's 88%!

Nothing actually makes you go any faster, some things are just better at telling you how crap you are.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want to improve pedal efficiency get onto a indoor/turbo trainer with mild resistance.

Couple of days on that you will pedal the smoothest circles you can imagine!!

Agree! I think a turbo trainer exposes/accentuates dead spots in your pedal stroke more than riding on the road does. Because the IDT puts a lot of resistance on the back wheel' date=' it stops very quickly when you don't pedal. I think that this forces you to work harder through the dead spots in your pedal stroke, just to keep a constant speed.

I suffer like a dog on the IDT at the begining of winter, and go much better at the end of winter.
[/quote']

Yip same here after winter....those hills also feel a bit less steep!!LOLWink

Willehond...here is your answer you were looking from Christie...he took the words out of my mouth.AngryBig%20smile

The more I read thread the more it becomes clear to me, just hope I can keep a steady rythmn on Sunday Ermm

Nice article - if I may add : When using a turbo trainer its a good to unclip one foot and ride one legged for a minute then alternate do this a few times , makes one concentrate in getting that 6oclock and upward pull right.