Hunters Win

cacciatore

By the way robbie never had a problem with greg for you people who think different.I have spoken to robbie and he only ever has good things to say about greg and his performances.And robbie has said many times on tv that greg is pure class...you guys invent stuff here...check robbies new diary entry ..

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

and by the way road cycling and mtb are different as are mtb and downhill,so lets not compare the two sports.

Road wise RH still is the most successful rider internationally.

And RH was offered another contract by a Pro tour team he just got a more lucrative offer from BW being South African.

We're not comparing the sports.....we're comparing two people's attitude.

As for Robbie having an issue with Greg, it related to the SA cyclist of the year award a few years ago. It was thrashed to death in Bicycling and an interview with Robbie was printed at some point.

If you want, I'll see if i can find it

aaagh who cares i am gonna win the argus next year anyway, i promise i will be nice to everyone, especially the ladies LOL

and the fans can rip me off all they want, in fact they already do LOL

I'd make a great champion - smiles all round, drinks all round etc etc etc.... i hear police sirens - ooops went to far this time Confused Embarrassed

RH is still the arrogant man who a couple years ago claimed in an interview that he was the best thing to come out of SA cycling in years and that it would be 10 years before anyone else came along that would achieve what he had.

Even if that were true' date=' and it sure as he!! is not.....he lost my respect when he said it himself!
[/quote']

I do not remember what the article said (as it was almost 10 years ago by now, 7 if I remember correctly) and I most definately do not know what Robbie's exact words were (knowing how quotations end up very often...) but it seems as if he was right.

I think he said that it would be 10 years before another Saffa rode the Tour de France and was up at his level.

Who has come close?

At the time I was also very upset, but since then it seems that he was right. We need more people in SA saying things straight out and not cutting corners or trying to make other fools feel better.

(refering only to honest, true and calm opinions)

RH is still the arrogant man who a couple years ago claimed in an interview that he was the best thing to come out of SA cycling in years and that it would be 10 years before anyone else came along that would achieve what he had.

Even if that were true' date=' and it sure as he!! is not.....he lost my respect when he said it himself!
[/quote']

I do not remember what the article said (as it was almost 10 years ago by now, 7 if I remember correctly) and I most definately do not know what Robbie's exact words were (knowing how quotations end up very often...) but it seems as if he was right.
I think he said that it would be 10 years before another Saffa rode the Tour de France and was up at his level.

Who has come close?
At the time I was also very upset, but since then it seems that he was right. We need more people in SA saying things straight out and not cutting corners or trying to make other fools feel better.
(refering only to honest, true and calm opinions)

I think you missed the point of my post

Guest colonel

and by the way road cycling and mtb are different as are mtb and downhill' date='so lets not compare the two sports.

Road wise RH still is the most successful rider internationally.

And RH was offered another contract by a Pro tour team he just got a more lucrative offer from BW being South African.
[/quote']

SO then he is after the money then ad not looking after his career where maybe he should take less money get on a better team, get results and then move onto a better team and salary??? Clever move there Rob.

All in all he has a *** attitude and he can ride a bike.

I will agree as someone who doesnt even race MX he was jumping some big tables and gaps!

Greg held a record a while back for jumping cars on an 80cc - I think he was like 12 and it was a national record......

DG used to ride for US Postal a couple of years back. Wondered what happened there.. he could've been the most succesful SA rider by far

Guest colonel

Maybe if Darrel Impey gets overseas and puts his head down he will also be succesfull.

colonel2007-03-14 02:25:49

No I got it' date=' just felt that a little bit needed to be added on. [/quote']

Well then I'm definitely missing something Confused

You seem to support him.....

I do not remember what the article said (as it was almost 10 years ago by now' date=' 7 if I remember correctly) and I most definately do not know what Robbie's exact words were (knowing how quotations end up very often...) but it seems as if he was right.

Who has come close?

[/quote']

.....however this bit here....

(refering only to honest' date=' true and calm opinions)[/quote']

....is completely the opposite of RH's methods Confused

That interview was in Ride mag 2002. Less than 5yrs ago.

So we'll wait in see. Either way, the point is his attitude sucks. I really am a very forgiving person and still followed his progress and will give any man a break, but seeing his outbursts lately has just swung my opinion of the man back to what it was before.

If it does turn out he was right, that still wouldn't make it an acceptable thing in my mind.

As one reader put it in the following issue "I suppose time will tell just how good you are. It's just that some of us would rather let time, and not you, tell us exactly how good that is."

I sincerely hope RH is made to eat his words!

Later Smile
MintSauce2007-03-14 00:36:24

I will agree as someone who doesnt even race MX he was jumping some big tables and gaps!

Greg held a record a while back for jumping cars on an 80cc - I think he was like 12 and it was a national record......

rock....get your facts straight man! Wink I'm pretty sure it was a world record Smile

Guest colonel

No SA's Brian Capper actually held a Word Record for jumping cars when he was 17.

as with most successful sportsmen - there is no connection between the brain and the mouth. Benni McCarthey, Bif Smith , Gibbs, Campese come to mind

DG used to ride for US Postal a couple of years back. Wondered what happened there.. he could've been the most succesful SA rider by far

Heres a clue: Legal is 50%......above that isnt.

Colonel....

That was a bullsh*t story. It never happened at all.