Hunters Win

cacciatore

So what does everybody think of the way Barloworld dominated the Giro and totally controlled the race yesterday.They must have been really confident with Robbie and i guess they were right. cacciatore2007-03-12 07:30:19

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It means our local teams need to start racing real distances if they would want to do anything in the Tour of Maluti or Tour or South Africa.

Looked like a real hiding. The whole week we've been hearing that MTN is saving themselves for the big day, but looks like it never happened. I'm not sure how things can be improved. You cant throw money at it, Liberty tried that with the criterium series but as soon as the teams realised that MTN might dominate the series the rest pulled out. Liberty pulled the plug, which is a real shame.

I think David George rode a brilliant tour. To finish 3rd with a semi-pro team behind him is a good showing.

Happy for Robbie he really deserves something for himself. He did his team proud and South Africa. Nice to see a South African winning the Argus!

Anyone read Robbie's diary?

He doesn't seem to like David George much.

10.03.2007 07:57
Jersey changes hands again

Yesterday was so hot the judges decided to cut the distance of the race and we did one lap less of the Fissershok circuit. The mercury was touching around 40degrees and lots of riders were battelign the heat. Most of the teams including ourselves ran out of water by the second last lap so it was a good thing to shorten the stage.

The stage was won by one of my teams mates agian this time the russian Alex Efimkin who also took the jersey from Ryan. Ryan had a bit of a bad day as he spent a lot the day before being off the front the whole stage.
We now occupy the first four places on the gc going into todays hill climb tt.
Im pretty sure we will now win the tour as it will be really hard for anybody to take 2 minutes out of Alex on the climb.

I saw Goerge was moaning in the papers yesterday (as he normally does) that the judges have stolen a victory from hom as he wanted to attack yesterday and ride us all off. I just laugh as till now he has been th eonewhohas been ridden off every day. What would suddenly change to make him win this tour aginst 6 strong riders of another team. Maybe he just cant count or is so forgetful he wakes up every morning not being able to remember what happend the day before.
I wonder which it really is.

Later all.. .

Good to have a SA win one of our big races... but I cant help thinking he should have rather been doing the Paris-Nice prologue when I saw it later in the day.

ja right.......like Hunter is not known to moan.......talk about the kettle calling the pot black.......or something like that.

wasn't hunter  moaning about siome guy being in his way in the prologue......and about it bing too dark....

oh and what about that spectator on signal hill ???

yawn.

oh, I didn't see a semi-pro team behind george - I saw Jeremy Maartens - thats all - great effort considering the circumstances.

I saw Goerge was moaning in the papers yesterday (as he normally does) that the judges have stolen a victory from hom as he wanted to attack yesterday and ride us all off. I just laugh as till now he has been th eonewhohas been ridden off every day. What would suddenly change to make him win this tour aginst 6 strong riders of another team. Maybe he just cant count or is so forgetful he wakes up every morning not being able to remember what happend the day before.

Later all.. .

Does RH ever have anything good to say about anyone? The other day he was slagging of Pettachi. Now David George. A couple years ago he had an issue with Greg Minnaar (and challenged him to a downhill race to prove that he would be nearly as fast as Greg....What a F-ing joke!). Sunday he gives a spectator the middle finger during a TT.

He sounds like a insecure little kid, forever trying to break others down to make himself feel better or look better.

What he's achieved is good for the sport in SA, but his attitude absolutely SUCKS!

I agree with you MintSauce. I really want to be proud of him and give him my support, but he doesn't make it easy for himself. 

Well, he will have to get his attitude in order before I will start liking him. I don't like arrogant so and so's. Greg Minnaar: now there's a likeable dude.Thumbs%20Up 

... the finish was like poetry! Phil L was saying they (BW) were waiting too long with their attack ...and then it all just came together, as though rehearsed!! Was great to watch!

Guys, Robbie speaks his mind and is not the most diplomatic, but he is in a top continental team who worked for him to get the Argus win.

DG, despite his talent, is without a team whilst clearly being one of the most talented riders in SA.  That alone should tell you all you need to know.

BTW, I was at the fnish at Bloemendal and heard DG moan about everything from the heat to the distance.  Definitely not destined for the diplomatic core either.

Just remember that getting riders with personality who now and then say something controversial is much better than having another shrinking violet in the peloton.  Too many of those around in my opinion.

Hey All

Remember the highest tree's always catch the most wind, comparison's bewteen personalities is ludicrous.

DShocked

10.03.2007 07:57
Jersey changes hands again

Yesterday was so hot the judges decided to cut the distance of the race and we did one lap less of the Fissershok circuit. The mercury was touching around 40degrees and lots of riders were battelign the heat. Most of the teams including ourselves ran out of water by the second last lap so it was a good thing to shorten the stage.

The stage was won by one of my teams mates agian this time the russian Alex Efimkin who also took the jersey from Ryan. Ryan had a bit of a bad day as he spent a lot the day before being off the front the whole stage.
We now occupy the first four places on the gc going into todays hill climb tt.
Im pretty sure we will now win the tour as it will be really hard for anybody to take 2 minutes out of Alex on the climb.

Later all.. .

If I look at the results it looks liek a totally different story.

David was the top SA rider. It took a handfull of Barloworld riders to take care of one lone CSC rider.

David still managed to place at Top South African. I agree with him, had the stage gone one extra lap that day I think there would have been a totally different story. TBL were almost all blown out from what I was told.

David and Robert need to sort their sh*t out. I know both of them are top class riders. Robert has ridden in the Tour sure, but Davids results are also not to shabby.

Medals at World Championships

Medals at Commonwealth games

Winner in Lankawi

Multiple SA champ

Cant just write that off can you.

Every time they end up at worlds together David seems to do the business. Imagine the 2 could work together Wink