Timing mats?

chris414

Does anyone know where the times were measured from yesterday?  They said go and then after around a 1 min of riding we went over a set of timing mats. At the "real" finish there some white things that looked like timing mats, but there were also timing mats 20 meters later? 

Which were the ones used for calculating times? from very beginning to the finish line my time was the same as on the cycle tour website, but lots of people i know had their time's changed... so wats happening?

(i hope that post made sense...)
chris4142007-03-12 07:52:27

Your starting time is the time from the gun/start.  The 1st set of mats is used to check who is actually in the group that has started and is not actually used for timing.

The mats on the finish line are used for timing and the second set of mats at the finish are purely there for back up.

Hope this helps

You were timed from the "Gun" to the timing mats under the finish lines.

The first ones at about 200m were just to register you as part of your group. The rest on the route were to make sure that you didn't take any shortcuts.

wat nice is, is dat daar verskeie matte op die roete was en jy nie geweet het watter een tel. So, dit het die kroek uit geskakel.

Ek sal net hoop dat die "timers" al 3 of 4 mat timmings per chip number in gelid sit en kyk jy het oor almal gegaan.

Behoort dit maklik te sort in exell om die oop plekkies op te tel

Ek stem popeye.

Op n beter dag sou ek wou weet wat my tyd/splits was.

Kan nogal interessant wees. 

I see Ryan Kemp got two entries, one as a Giro rider, and one as an A bunch rider. So everyone can expect to move up at least one spot... :)

Here's my data: My computer started with the 'go' (Garmin 350). It showed 3 secs of no motion (started about 10 rows back), then kicked in:

20070312_092403_Race_-_Argus_11.jpg

Here's my winningtime time:

Race Time Position Gender Gender Position Age Position Start Group Group Position Avg Speed
03:00:39 1420/28706 M 1336/22341 222/3256 H 13/568 36.2 km/h

Where's the missing minute? Aaaaargh OuchOuchDead

The "actual" timing mats were the ones down the road from the finish line, the ones making all the noise before you turned off the road.

I know, I was interviewing someone and the officials made me move down so that thier time would stop.

Jon

The "actual" timing mats were the ones down the road from the finish line' date=' the ones making all the noise before you turned off the road.

I know, I was interviewing someone and the officials made me move down so that thier time would stop.

Jon

[/quote']

I agree,i sat up after the finish line only to see in the results about 10 people ahead of me.Next time i will continue sprinting to the second mats.DANGEROUS but that is what you must do to maintain your time and position.

Guest Big H

THAT MEANS THAT IN LARGE A BUNCH STARTING AND YOU ARE AT THE BACK THE RESULTING TRAFFIC JAM WILL GIVE YOU A SLOWER TIME?????

Yep that right, you will always get a sower time than what you actually rode because they place the timing equipment further down the road.

And I have absolutely no bloody idea why!

According to the timing mats Werner Moolman won VA by 14 sec but on the finish line he was 4th.So who won?Confused