what do you to wash your MTB with?

L.T.G

Seriously' date=' guys, dishwashing liquid is seriously corrosive. It will slowly but surely strip the paint from the frame. If you have to use it, use it on the drive train, nowhere else, and wash it off thoroughly. I can show you some frames that look old long before their time due to the owners washing them with dish liquid. [/quote']

might as well wash your car with Sunlight too if you feel ok enough to use it on your bike!

Seriously guys, take note of what TNT1 is saying, Sunlight is NO GOOD!!

Sunlights eats away the protective layer of the paint. Keep it in the kitchen. Also dont use it in your cars windowcleaner.

Thank you, I'm going to print this out and stick it all over the place so my wife can see it. Worse thing you can do to a car.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tried a very intersting mix last night, Clean Green with Parrafin ... works just as good as Clean Green on it's own

Tried a very intersting mix last night' date=' Clean Green with Parrafin ... works just as good as Clean Green on it's own[/quote']

Why?

Mix it with water and it will work better

Seriously' date=' guys, dishwashing liquid is seriously corrosive. It will slowly but surely strip the paint from the frame. If you have to use it, use it on the drive train, nowhere else, and wash it off thoroughly. I can show you some frames that look old long before their time due to the owners washing them with dish liquid. [/quote']

might as well wash your car with Sunlight too if you feel ok enough to use it on your bike!

Sunlights eats away the protective layer of the paint. Keep it in the kitchen. Also dont use it in your cars windowcleaner.

Thank you, I'm going to print this out and stick it all over the place so my wife can see it. Worse thing you can do to a car.

So... if Sunlight is that corrosive then why do you wash your pots with it? I was chatting to a fellow hubber who is kinda clued up on metal and this is the question he posed. Seriously, I have been washing my car for years with Sunlight and its never done it any harm - oh, wait, if you consider a sparkly clean car damage then yes, I have done tons of damage! LOL

Sunlight is not mean't for painted surfaces at all, gradually over time the shine will diminish, thats why most people don't notice. Just because you can't see the damage, doesn't mean there isn't any.

Pots and cutlery aren't painted surfaces and are generally made from stainless steel.

High pressure hoses are a good way to stuff up cable housings, bearings etc...

All thats needed is hot water and car shampoo and relubing the chain after, periodicaly the cable housings as well.

Cars and bikes do not have a protective layer over the paint, unless you put those "auto armour" goeters on. It's called clear coat and is used to give the paint a nice even gloss surface. You can ad matting paste to it and it will be matt instead of gloss. I've washed my bosses car with paint thinners, okay a small bit at a time, because we spray painted close to it and it got covered with overspray. 2k paint and powdercoating is alot harder then you think it is and if your hand don't disolve in sunlight liquid while doing the dishes, I doubt it will do anything to today's UV resistant paint.

So... if Sunlight is that corrosive then why do you wash your pots with it? I was chatting to a fellow hubber who is kinda clued up on metal and this is the question he posed. Seriously, I have been washing my car for years with Sunlight and its never done it any harm - oh, wait, if you consider a sparkly clean car damage then yes, I have done tons of damage! LOL

I don't, thats what the dishwasher is for LOL

This is my bike cleaning kit. I swear by it.

Spray parrafin onto the drive train with focus on the chain. Let soak for 10 minutes.

Spray Cleen Green on and soak for 10 minutes.

Spray off with water spray- no hose. Spray the frame with water after cleaning the drive train, dry, then spray with Mr Min to take off any grease spots, and wipe shiny with a cloth.20090513_151053_Bike_Washsm.jpg 

You can use your chain afterwards to scrape clean your tongue (just don't let anybody see you.).

Guest Big H
This is my bike cleaning kit. I swear by it.

Spray parrafin onto the drive train with focus on the chain. Let soak for 10 minutes.

Spray Cleen Green on and soak for 10 minutes.

Spray off with water spray- no hose. Spray the frame with water after cleaning the drive train' date=' dry, then spray with Mr Min to take off any grease spots, and wipe shiny with a cloth.20090513_151053_Bike_Washsm.jpg 

You can use your chain afterwards to scrape clean your tongue (just don't let anybody see you.).
[/quote']

.................. en jy hou daarvan dat jou fiets soos POT POURRI ruik....... jo pansy!!!!!!!!

Mr Min is the most awesome cleaner. Best thing to remove stickers like those anoying price tags. Just spray and soak, then wipe.

My brother in law got hold of a rather expensive cleaning product in Europe only to discover it was basically uncented Mr Min.

Must say I'm a Cleen Green fan, best all rounder for my motor bike. Use Mr Muscle Degreaser on my engine but only works if the surface is hot.

Need to clean my chain this weekend, installed a bike hook (got it from game) Sunday and get my clothes & hands dirty each time I hang the bike up. Too embarrassed to post pics of the dirty chain, might get flogged.

EDIT: Did 400km since I bought the bike and never cleaned the chain. Use a wet lube a few times, so the chain is rather yummy. My cycling neighbours (I live in a flat) will smack me if they see my dirty chain. Cannot help my dishwasher is too small.

cbrunsdon2009-05-13 15:28:13

Ei Grande H, como e que vai ai em Angolsh pa?!? Tems de notar que o Senhor Min foi value for money, com 30% mais para o mesmo pre?o. Besides it offsets my manly BO and puts me in touch with my metrosexualBig%20smile side. 

Ei Grande H' date=' como e que vai ai em Angolsh pa?!? Tems de notar que o Senhor Min foi value for money, com 30% mais para o mesmo pre?o. Besides it offsets my manly BO and puts me in touch with my metrosexualBig%20smile side. [/quote']

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

LOL

Guest Big H
Ei Grande H' date=' como e que vai ai em Angolsh pa?!? Tems de notar que o Senhor Min foi value for money, com 30% mais para o mesmo pre?o. Besides it offsets my manly BO and puts me in touch with my metrosexualBig%20smile side. [/quote']

Ol?! Senhor Ying Yang ........ voc? foi advertido, mantem-se em usar o Sr. Min com os fragnances homossexuais doces e voc? pode encontrar Senhor Bubba e seu para frien arrastando seu burro atr?s de enquanto para fora montando.
Big H2009-05-14 03:56:22

Haga, demoraste muito tempo a responder. Foste procurar o teu amiginho para traduzir o que quizeste dizer? Ele como e que se chama? Joazinho Mariquinhas? Como e que tu pagaste ele para o favor? Com outro favor?