HUNTER KNEW HE WOULD WIN

MooToo

roid rage can be a real bitch sometimes.robbies always had a bit of a chip on his shoulder.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

scotty, the zap sign was outta line. going and confronting the $%^& afterwards was, imho, totally acceptable and understandable.

even i have a filthy mouth when aggravated (i used some exceptionally choice words on a #$%^& during the argus because he told me to f-off when i asked him to hold his line so i could get past)

all in all, although the $%^&* who started it is to blame, RH should have shown some resraint - those pics are going to do a heck of a lot of damage

Ag please moaning about a zap sign, come on guys. Stop the verkrampte afrikaner mentality. If he wants to zap an oke let him do it.

Who hasn't got angry on the bike? He is on the edge and then some guy shouts boo! I probably would have done the same.

nah, I think confronting the guys was stupid slowpoke, it's just crossing the line, once you cross that line anything can happen. It's like road rage, you NEVER get out of your car to confront the other asshole, you just begging to get shot or beaten to a pulp.Ouch

Guest colonel
he must be on some hardcore riods to make him that agro!Thumbs%20Down

On roids? Never not a rider from Phonak.......

While his reaction is not ideal he showed great restraint' date=' why inslult and try distract RH like that. The spectators the real villian here.

[/quote']

Not sure I agree scotty, heckling is seen as a part of almost all professional sports, most competitors just ignore it or shrug it off and carry on, I dont believe heckling is correct or acceptable, but its always going to be there, I dont think its necessary for a professional sportsman to respond in an undignified way.

Actually many sports take serious action against their players for responding like that, just look at how our cricket team was taken to task over a few words which were not even directed at the spectator.

Boonie, sure, me too, but I would not go back and look for more, I would have had plenty of time to cool off and used that negative energy to get me to the finish line faster. But goign back for more, that's stupid!

kritzinger1, have you ever heard the expression "You're bigger than that!"?

Evidently Robbie Hunter has not.

Point 1.  If some dork in the crowd yells an insult, everybody else goes away thinking "there was some dork in the crowd".  If the object of the insult responds angrily everybody else goes away thinking (in this case) RH over-reacted/has issues/has roid rage.

Point 2.  The general point is that I would like to think that people in the public eye have given some thought to how they carry themselves.  For starters, they are representatives of the brand that is plastered across their jerseys (wich is a good reason not to ride for Predictor-Lotto).  On a more general level, they have the opportunity to be role models, although that is an opportunity that RH has flung into the bushes more than once.

My real fear is that RH may translate his career as a bad tempered bully into an "acting" career as Vinnie Jones has done.

Going at 100% up a climb and then being insulted! You cant think when your on a hillclimb going flat out.

Sure Slowpoke/Porky i dont say what Robbie did was right, but could be far worse, hence the restraint comment

Some i recall

Cricket (meant to be so gentlemanly)

Hansie - loses his temper and demolishes a change room door with his bat

Boonen  - Takes a swipe at a heckler(no need to guess what he was shouting)

Paki player in last SA series - Takes a swipe at a heckler with his bat

Rugby

Wahl Bartman leaps over the field and clobbers a specator

Ulli Smidt leaving the field floors a spectator.

BM I have heard of the exspression! I just dont live by other peoples exspressions I live by my own. If RH felt like giving the oke the zap, let him do it, dont judge people if you dont know what really happened.

Never be afraid to stand up for yourself, dont live your life by being scared of what other people might think.

agree Boonie, there is soooo much adrenalin pulsing thru your veins right there and then you can't be held responsible for your actions, it's a automatic instinct I guess...flight or fight.<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />